User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Dsic Golf

MBTI
    INTj

Default Dsic Golf

So my friends have been playing Disc Golf for years. And, they have been attempting to get me to go over the last couple. I rather enjoy them asking because there is an entire plethora of jokes that are at my disposal to describe such a lame sport and the lame participants of said sport. After numerous one-liners, slams, and witty retorts, I get a "*^%$#-you" and that's the end of it. I usually conclude with, "I have an idea. Why don't we go play actual golf you dumb-%^$#$s."

However, I decided that accepting their invitation, and then beating them at this lame sport, would be just as entertaining as rejecting their offers. Turns out . . . it's not a bad sport after all. I actually enjoyed myself despite the obvious broke hippie culture that seems to have enveloped the sport.

Either way, have you played? What do you think? Easy, right?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Riva

Yes I've played it. Never have I planned and gone to play it. Nor do I have any friends who have suggested to go out of our ways to play it. It's just that we would play it if we come across a place that provides it.

And, they have been attempting to get me to go over the last couple.
    You sound like a fun guy.

Quite a few friends play. They also play golf. I can't stand the first, and don't care enough about the second. For them, it's more of a social thing. They bring coolers and beer and just bullshit. They don't even keep score. I tried to make it competitive once. The main problem is how long they take. I can't last any more than 9 holes.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    So my friends have been playing Disc Golf for years. And, they have been attempting to get me to go over the last couple. I rather enjoy them asking because there is an entire plethora of jokes that are at my disposal to describe such a lame sport and the lame participants of said sport. After numerous one-liners, slams, and witty retorts, I get a "*^%$#-you" and that's the end of it. I usually conclude with, "I have an idea. Why don't we go play actual golf you dumb-%^$#$s."

However, I decided that accepting their invitation, and then beating them at this lame sport, would be just as entertaining as rejecting their offers. Turns out . . . it's not a bad sport after all. I actually enjoyed myself despite the obvious broke hippie culture that seems to have enveloped the sport.

Either way, have you played? What do you think? Easy, right?
    I have not played, but you sound like my Dad when he talks about golf. He does not golf!

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The main problem is how long they take. I can't last any more than 9 holes.
    That's not an issue here. We were done in about an hour and fifteen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I have not played, but you sound like my Dad when he talks about golf. He does not golf!
    I've been grumpy since the age of ten. It's a lifestyle choice, really.
    Haight

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Yeah it's fun, a casual game that doesn't involve sitting on your ass. I used to live near Codorus State Pk (PA) where they had a decent size course.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTj

There's a good one in the city. And, they are supposed to add another 18 within the next year.

Of course, the problem is that it's in the city and you need to get out of there by sundown.
    Haight

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    There's a good one in the city. And, they are supposed to add another 18 within the next year.

Of course, the problem is that it's in the city and you need to get out of there by sundown.
    I have one a short walk away from me. It's actually well designed. I think they have big events every once in awhile. It might be one of those legitimate sports we never hear about. Like "dodgeball" leagues.

MBTI
    INTj

That's what I'm starting the think.

Is there a MJ for that sport? I mean, what are my efforts going to get me? Frisbee sponsorships seem pretty low-end.
    Haight

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Frisbee golf is fun. I've played it with my kids and friends. It actually can take some skill as well. I've also owned a disc or two of the type used in the "active" sport, you basically can have your own caddy bag of different size discs for different style holes. I like to throw things, so I think it is kind of neat.

Of course, turning pro is another story...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft