• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dsic Golf

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
So my friends have been playing Disc Golf for years. And, they have been attempting to get me to go over the last couple. I rather enjoy them asking because there is an entire plethora of jokes that are at my disposal to describe such a lame sport and the lame participants of said sport. After numerous one-liners, slams, and witty retorts, I get a "*^%$#-you" and that's the end of it. I usually conclude with, "I have an idea. Why don't we go play actual golf you dumb-%^$#$s."

However, I decided that accepting their invitation, and then beating them at this lame sport, would be just as entertaining as rejecting their offers. Turns out . . . it's not a bad sport after all. I actually enjoyed myself despite the obvious broke hippie culture that seems to have enveloped the sport.

Either way, have you played? What do you think? Easy, right?

R

Riva

Yes I've played it. Never have I planned and gone to play it. Nor do I have any friends who have suggested to go out of our ways to play it. It's just that we would play it if we come across a place that provides it.

And, they have been attempting to get me to go over the last couple.

You sound like a fun guy.

KDude

Quite a few friends play. They also play golf. I can't stand the first, and don't care enough about the second. For them, it's more of a social thing. They bring coolers and beer and just bullshit. They don't even keep score. I tried to make it competitive once. The main problem is how long they take. I can't last any more than 9 holes.

A

A window to the soul

So my friends have been playing Disc Golf for years. And, they have been attempting to get me to go over the last couple. I rather enjoy them asking because there is an entire plethora of jokes that are at my disposal to describe such a lame sport and the lame participants of said sport. After numerous one-liners, slams, and witty retorts, I get a "*^%$#-you" and that's the end of it. I usually conclude with, "I have an idea. Why don't we go play actual golf you dumb-%^$#$s."

However, I decided that accepting their invitation, and then beating them at this lame sport, would be just as entertaining as rejecting their offers. Turns out . . . it's not a bad sport after all. I actually enjoyed myself despite the obvious broke hippie culture that seems to have enveloped the sport.

I have not played, but you sound like my Dad when he talks about golf. He does not golf!

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
The main problem is how long they take. I can't last any more than 9 holes.
That's not an issue here. We were done in about an hour and fifteen.

I have not played, but you sound like my Dad when he talks about golf. He does not golf!
I've been grumpy since the age of ten. It's a lifestyle choice, really.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah it's fun, a casual game that doesn't involve sitting on your ass. I used to live near Codorus State Pk (PA) where they had a decent size course.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
There's a good one in the city. And, they are supposed to add another 18 within the next year.

Of course, the problem is that it's in the city and you need to get out of there by sundown.

KDude

There's a good one in the city. And, they are supposed to add another 18 within the next year.

Of course, the problem is that it's in the city and you need to get out of there by sundown.

I have one a short walk away from me. It's actually well designed. I think they have big events every once in awhile. It might be one of those legitimate sports we never hear about. Like "dodgeball" leagues.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
That's what I'm starting the think.

Is there a MJ for that sport? I mean, what are my efforts going to get me? Frisbee sponsorships seem pretty low-end.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frisbee golf is fun. I've played it with my kids and friends. It actually can take some skill as well. I've also owned a disc or two of the type used in the "active" sport, you basically can have your own caddy bag of different size discs for different style holes. I like to throw things, so I think it is kind of neat.

Of course, turning pro is another story... :rolleyes:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'd never heard of this until the last six months. I connected with someone I knew in college last summer/fall. It turns out her home backs up to a Disc Golf Course. I'm sure it increases the value of her home.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Never tried it. Sometimes I play Ultimate with a group of people I know. Even though the two sports seem nothing alike beyond the actual act of throwing a frisbee, it seems that at least some of those people also cross over to play disc golf. Otherwise I wouldn't even mention it.