• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mass Effect 3

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
The ending hmph.. I'm yet to play the SP.

crevalleJack

MBTI Type
HOLY
This series is pure gold and good for memorable gameplay. I have ME 1 and 2 but somehow 3 has to wait.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Began playing the SP yesterday because my PS3 system's internet had gone down.

The experience began slowly and I was pretty "meh" because most of it was looking mediocre but as soon as I become the Normandy Commander and pass the Turian planet bit all I could do was praise at every moment I'd engaged in in this game's SP.

It's simply spectacular.

I admit I enjoy topping up my weapons.. as I make them more and more powerful from one stage to the next. The storyline is terrific! The character of Gibee Shepard could not be more suitable for this protagonist role. I immerse into his personality as I resume as well as all the other characters he works along with to band together against the Reapers.

Their legacy is here to stay.

G

Ginkgo

I've heard unconfirmed rumors about a DLC called "The Truth" which is set for release in April as a free expansion... but I certainly do not want to get my hopes up for that, especially considering how depressed the current ending made me.

Sounds like a good marketing strategy to appeal to a group of fans who want to squeeze the last ounce out of the last game of the trilogy. Lol.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like a good marketing strategy to appeal to a group of fans who want to squeeze the last ounce out of the last game of the trilogy. Lol.

Oh, if it's true, it will be pure evil... Literally torquing off the majority of their fanbase just to guarantee a DLC purchase certainly sounds like something EA would do. Sweet, sweet, evil. On the other hand, all of this rage has finally proven that video games are a storytelling media with invested fans. So some legitimacy, which is good.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, if it's true, it will be pure evil... Literally torquing off the majority of their fanbase just to guarantee a DLC purchase certainly sounds like something EA would do. Sweet, sweet, evil. On the other hand, all of this rage has finally proven that video games are a storytelling media with invested fans. So some legitimacy, which is good.

+1

I understand all this uproar on the DLC.. and I don't know how to comment on it yet. My take is the storyline has succeeded on winning notoriety among the fanbase regardless of the ending. And in doing so I don't see the catch from EA's part on scheming to pull money off its fans by manipulating them into buying the next product following Mass Effect 3.

To tell you the truth.. this game has worked and I'm fully satisfied with it. I want to enjoy it.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Character development is a painful feeling.. I've fallen in love with my squadmate the Quarian Tali (IxTJ.. possibly INTJ) with her thick Russian accent. :/

I don't know how she succeeded in committing suicide because I pressed the rescuing L1 button on my PS3 gamepad on time, or rather if she did because I don't see her right after that bit (it's like she vanished!).. moments after I'd inadvertently shifted my allegiance with the Geth from the Quarians unknowing that I'll risk losing her too. Dammit! I admit a number of the choices I've had to make lead me completely to ambiguous outcome.. like also once with the Salarian on the tower.

The Reaper was one hell of a fight.. and I don't know if I'm half way til the end yet.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[***Possible spoiler alert***]

Are the Asari deities in fact the long-extinct Protheans from thousands of years in their ancestory on Thessia?

Shepard was abit unclear.. I didn't get that scene too well in the temple with the artifacts.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[***SPOILER ALERT***]

This is the corrected version of the choice I made.. to let the Geth die despite Legion insist that with the combined help from the freed Geth they could potentially defeat the Reapers and thus bring an end to the war.

It ensures loyalty to the Quarians and saves your friendship with Tali who survives.

I felt very bad for Legion though.. he was being rational after all. He asked if this Geth (referring to himself) had a soul.. which he did..

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This is the corrected version of the choice I made.. to let the Geth die despite Legion insist that with the combined help from the freed Geth they could potentially defeat the Reapers and thus bring an end to the war.

It ensures loyalty to the Quarians and saves your friendship with Tali who survives.

I felt very bad for Legion though.. he was being rational after all. He asked if this Geth (referring to himself) had a soul.. which he did..

Hah, there's a third option... I'm going to keep it spoiler-free, but if you think the above is the best one, you're missing out.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hah, there's a third option... I'm going to keep it spoiler-free, but if you think the above is the best one, you're missing out.

I know what it is LOL.. but I didn't have enough paragon apparently to have it dispensed at me.

That would have been a much better choice.. but it's too late to take interest on it now because I dealt with the pain on the outcome for both the Quarians and Geth when I initially uploaded the code and later regretted it to re-do it to let the Geth die.

Both were harsh but I admit I felt saddened by the Geth's destruction much more all because of Legion.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well this bites the dust.. but I'm going to have to break the dreaded silence.

The SP was a spectacular experience, a definite recommend for all enthusiasts who enjoy a good story.

But in the wake of everything that happened so far you will be devastated by a clichéd ending that is undeserved of memory. It truly served no purpose nor possibilities to a sequel by all means.

It was, the best I can put it, NOTHING. :huh:

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you will be devastated by a clichéd ending that is undeserved of memory. It truly served no purpose nor possibilities to a sequel by all means.

Aaaaaand welcome to where the rest of us are all at currently. Apparently Bioware's GM got involved in the situation and they are releasing some form of DLC that will provide us with "closure," though his statement was unbelievably vague and had a sort of "I'm disappointed in you and hurt that you didn't like our ending" tone to it. I respect the guys that made the games-- they are wonderful writers!-- but whoever thought of this ending after Bioware went on record several times saying there wasn't going to be an ending that was A, B, or C and that everyone's story would end in wildly different ways... well, they made a very bad call. 'Specially considering the tone of the series.

But I've ranted about this elsewhere, so I'll spare you guys any further commentary.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm picking back up remnants of the notorious storyline nevertheless before that unbelievably pathetic ending.

Making myself happy once again for the memorable experiences.

"If we run away the Geth stay under Reaper control and the Quarians are dead.. this ends now. EDI hatch the Quarians to the Normandy's weapon system.. I want the targeting laser sync'd up to the whole damn fleet. Stay in cover.. I'll finish this thing off."

Then he ensues the attack. I realized this line from Shepard at the point just before he fights the Reaper and notice how it resembles completely on how I would assert on the situation if I were in his place. He totally ripped off from my manhood! Uhh..

I guess I'm feeling grateful about all the small things right now.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
so far, not bad. i haven't finished it yet. im 2/5th through the game. i hear the ending is disappointing, but i've avoided spoilers. be back to tell you if it sucks.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I made an in-game purchase for the Black Widow sniper rifle on the SP. It was worth 275,000 in sums. It's so beautiful.. I get kills 3x as fast now instead of having to fire at all the creepazoids like a jackass for hours. I'm having no trouble with the Banshee either. I feel invincible.

If only I'm able to unlock it on the MP quickly how ever.. that'll be the dream. The best gun I have right now on it is the Geth Plasma Shotgun which doesn't satisfy me nearly enough as compared to the Black Widow from the SP.. it's effectiveness is influenced directly by how many powers you've topped up and if you've reset your powers you'll find its accuracy is abysmally affected. I also relied heavily on the Mattock assault rifle from the Mass Effect 3 Demo MP.. but I had the Geth pulse rifle unlocked to me early that it and the rest of the other useless assault rifles conveniently got the upgrades instead of the Mattock and I've diligently been trying to work them because they're new.

The arc pistol is nice as your sidearm.. but against hordes of enemy on Silver/Gold especially the Geth and Reapers it's lack of power makes it second hand. All the reason I badly need the Mattock to level up quickly to go semi automatic!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, the ending was unforgivable.

Anyone who wants to play with me on Origin, feel free to add me! I'm "BlackCat9001"

These are the choices I made...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
THIS HAS SPOILERS!!!! But expresses my opinion quite well... hope no one is offended by these Hitler videos xD I find them hilarious though.

...Okay I'll stop. lol

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[Hammasa Kohistani...?]

Tali'Zora's face was photoshopped from a picture of an Afghan girl I've had a crush on since she'd gone Miss England in 2005.. called Hammasa Kohistani. I'm not too sure if it's her exactly though but I've found a dozen links on google that suggests a lot of people say it's her. Only saw her mainly as a model so it's hard to tell.. does look a lot like her though.

hammasa.jpg

Why did Bioware rip off a picture of her from the internet? :huh:

Presumably I believe she knows me also.. but that's another story.