First 12345 Last

Thread: Mass Effect 3

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

The ending hmph.. I'm yet to play the SP.

This series is pure gold and good for memorable gameplay. I have ME 1 and 2 but somehow 3 has to wait.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Began playing the SP yesterday because my PS3 system's internet had gone down.

The experience began slowly and I was pretty "meh" because most of it was looking mediocre but as soon as I become the Normandy Commander and pass the Turian planet bit all I could do was praise at every moment I'd engaged in in this game's SP.

It's simply spectacular.

I admit I enjoy topping up my weapons.. as I make them more and more powerful from one stage to the next. The storyline is terrific! The character of Gibee Shepard could not be more suitable for this protagonist role. I immerse into his personality as I resume as well as all the other characters he works along with to band together against the Reapers.

Their legacy is here to stay.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    I've heard unconfirmed rumors about a DLC called "The Truth" which is set for release in April as a free expansion... but I certainly do not want to get my hopes up for that, especially considering how depressed the current ending made me.
    Sounds like a good marketing strategy to appeal to a group of fans who want to squeeze the last ounce out of the last game of the trilogy. Lol.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Sounds like a good marketing strategy to appeal to a group of fans who want to squeeze the last ounce out of the last game of the trilogy. Lol.
    Oh, if it's true, it will be pure evil... Literally torquing off the majority of their fanbase just to guarantee a DLC purchase certainly sounds like something EA would do. Sweet, sweet, evil. On the other hand, all of this rage has finally proven that video games are a storytelling media with invested fans. So some legitimacy, which is good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Oh, if it's true, it will be pure evil... Literally torquing off the majority of their fanbase just to guarantee a DLC purchase certainly sounds like something EA would do. Sweet, sweet, evil. On the other hand, all of this rage has finally proven that video games are a storytelling media with invested fans. So some legitimacy, which is good.
    +1

I understand all this uproar on the DLC.. and I don't know how to comment on it yet. My take is the storyline has succeeded on winning notoriety among the fanbase regardless of the ending. And in doing so I don't see the catch from EA's part on scheming to pull money off its fans by manipulating them into buying the next product following Mass Effect 3.

To tell you the truth.. this game has worked and I'm fully satisfied with it. I want to enjoy it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Character development is a painful feeling.. I've fallen in love with my squadmate the Quarian Tali (IxTJ.. possibly INTJ) with her thick Russian accent. :/

I don't know how she succeeded in committing suicide because I pressed the rescuing L1 button on my PS3 gamepad on time, or rather if she did because I don't see her right after that bit (it's like she vanished!).. moments after I'd inadvertently shifted my allegiance with the Geth from the Quarians unknowing that I'll risk losing her too. Dammit! I admit a number of the choices I've had to make lead me completely to ambiguous outcome.. like also once with the Salarian on the tower.

The Reaper was one hell of a fight.. and I don't know if I'm half way til the end yet.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Default [***Possible spoiler alert***]

Are the Asari deities in fact the long-extinct Protheans from thousands of years in their ancestory on Thessia?

Shepard was abit unclear.. I didn't get that scene too well in the temple with the artifacts.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Exclamation [***SPOILER ALERT***]

This is the corrected version of the choice I made.. to let the Geth die despite Legion insist that with the combined help from the freed Geth they could potentially defeat the Reapers and thus bring an end to the war.

It ensures loyalty to the Quarians and saves your friendship with Tali who survives.

I felt very bad for Legion though.. he was being rational after all. He asked if this Geth (referring to himself) had a soul.. which he did..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

This is the corrected version of the choice I made.. to let the Geth die despite Legion insist that with the combined help from the freed Geth they could potentially defeat the Reapers and thus bring an end to the war.

It ensures loyalty to the Quarians and saves your friendship with Tali who survives.

I felt very bad for Legion though.. he was being rational after all. He asked if this Geth (referring to himself) had a soul.. which he did..
    Hah, there's a third option... I'm going to keep it spoiler-free, but if you think the above is the best one, you're missing out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."