User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Mass Effect 3

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    From a business standpoint, it's a wonderful tactic, but as a fan, I think it sucks.
    Yeah -- I'm not too happy about it either. At least in their prior games, the day 1 DLC came with any (new, not used) game purchase. But I'll be buying it, in addition to the game -- my rationale being that as much as I've enjoyed the prior games, $10 more for the final game in the series will likely be worth it, as opposed to say, buying another cheaper game that I probably wouldn't enjoy as much.

I'm sort of worried about the multiplayer portion -- I don't have much interest in that, nor any friends that are likely to play it, and I'm hoping (as advertised) that not participating in multiplayer won't prove too much a disadvantage for the single-player storyline and gameplay. But yeah, I'll be stopping off to pick up a copy on my way home from work tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

anybody played this yet? I'm about to

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    anybody played this yet? I'm about to
    I'm behind in my ME2 playthrough so I've only [blasphemously] played a couple rounds of multiplayer. Yep, the multiplayer is that good.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I received my copy today.

I am going to play this game's MP for the whole year! The weapons are so kick-a** I have to get them all.. There's the Spectre pack of weapons now available which dwarfs the Veteran pack.

If I don't though maybe something better came along.. but I doubt that.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm behind in my ME2 playthrough so I've only [blasphemously] played a couple rounds of multiplayer. Yep, the multiplayer is that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I received my copy today.

I am going to play this game's MP for the whole year! The weapons are so kick-a** I have to get them all.. There's the Spectre pack of weapons now available which dwarfs the Veteran pack.

If I don't though maybe something better came along.. but I doubt that.
    Have you guys never played a horde mode before? Gears of war, resident evil 4/5, Halo ODST/reach?

Its fairly common console business. ME3's is good but nothing that special. The one big addition is the objectives. I like those. Make the mode for me, really. They get the players moving. Most other horde modes get stale as the players simply bunker up in the most optimum position.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

So, I beat the game last night. Anyone else beat it yet?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    So, I beat the game last night. Anyone else beat it yet?

I was pissed too. But then, if you read around about the "Indoctrination/Hallucination Theory" it does make sense. The thing is, it was such a joke of an ending it is almost impossible to believe they'd actually end their trilogy/epic that way, so the fans are forced to come up with these alternatives.

I don't think the choices are so bad on their own, despite being ripped from Deus Ex it seems, but it's the complete lack of coherency and conclusion that is most mystifying.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

I was pissed too. But then, if you read around about the "Indoctrination/Hallucination Theory" it does make sense. The thing is, it was such a joke of an ending it is almost impossible to believe they'd actually end their trilogy/epic that way, so the fans are forced to come up with these alternatives.

I don't think the choices are so bad on their own, despite being ripped from Deus Ex it seems, but it's the complete lack of coherency and conclusion that is most mystifying.
    Basically my opinion is this: http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...s-are-right/3/
    I've heard unconfirmed rumors about a DLC called "The Truth" which is set for release in April as a free expansion... but I certainly do not want to get my hopes up for that, especially considering how depressed the current ending made me.
    And you're completely correct: none of the ending made sense.

Basically the last ten minutes were made of pure, uncut, unfiltered "what the fuck"... And the fact that all the endings are identical outside of the color of the explosions... well, that didn't help anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Basically my opinion is this: http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...s-are-right/3/
    I've heard unconfirmed rumors about a DLC called "The Truth" which is set for release in April as a free expansion... but I certainly do not want to get my hopes up for that, especially considering how depressed the current ending made me.
    And you're completely correct: none of the ending made sense.

Basically the last ten minutes were made of pure, uncut, unfiltered "what the fuck"... And the fact that all the endings are identical outside of the color of the explosions... well, that didn't help anything.
    I've also heard of the "Truth" DLC but I don't know how that'd work for fans/players who do not have internet connections for the consoles or what have you. Even if the "real" endings were DLC, how do you get that to people without those connections? How do you deflect the criticism that ME3, sold as is, is an incomplete product without a true conclusion? While the fan in me is hopeful, I can see how that answer can be just as messy. And if they ever had the balls to charge for this Truth DLC...wow. Pitchforks would be an understatement.

I've read that gamefront article and thought it was very good, and accurately portrays the fan criticism even while other media outlets have taken the strawman approach in criticising the reaction. I will say, that I am not in favor of "demanding a change" because if that's how a creator/artist/whathaveyou wants to end their product it's perfectly within their right, but they need to recognize it is also my right as a critic of that entertainment to tell them it's shitty and horrible and here's why.

MBTI
    INtP

I agree -- I finished it late last night, and had pretty much the same reaction.

All in all, I had fun playing it, and thought that most of the story was really pretty well done. It suffered a little bit from the (sometimes forced) large number of cameo appearances from characters in the prior games, but honestly, I'd have been disappointed not to see all of the folks I took such pains to save in ME2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]