First 21293031

Thread: Prometheus

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't remember if this got discussed, but just ran across it.

http://collider.com/prometheus-script-damon-lindelof/

Among other things, there's the expected explanation for one of the stupidest scenes in the movie as edited:

Spaihts tries to explain away the idiocy of the scientists Milburn (Rafe Spall) and Fifield (Sean Harris), saying it was more due to editing, since they cut an earlier scene of Milburn becoming ecstatic over the discovery of a harmless alien life form: “It really showed how excited Milburn was by experiencing any extra-terrestrial, sophisticated life. That sort of explains why he’s acting like a complete utter moron here. The last thing you do when you see a snake in the wild is get your face really close to it and start smiling and extending your hand like you wanna pet it.”
    However, the biggest find is the Lindleloff script.... Haven't read it yet, but now we can see just what he did and didn't contribute....
    http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...ADISEfinal.pdf

The earlier Spaihts script is here:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/112142280/Alien-Engineers
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Prometheus 2: Being written by Michael (J) Green, off another guy's script.

At least it's not Lindleof, but do the studios really enjoy dumping on the audiences? How do they pick people for this?

The guy did work on The River (which I thought was a cool idea but had too much "monster of the week" flavor early on, and the network didn't give it a fair shake) and a few episodes of Heroes, but the guy also scripted Green Lantern, for goodness sake.

Apparently he's been writing Blade Runner 2 as well.

Release date scheduled for March 2016 or something.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft