Thread: Prometheus

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I know, it almost makes one wonder why you commented on it in the first place.
    Sorry I disappointed you, I'll remember that the next time I'm tempted to respond.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Not to put too much importance on stereotypes: but aren't ISTPs reputed for often hating sci-fi?
    Is that even a stereotype? I mean, regardless of its level of truth and nah nah nah, is it even something that's often said about ISTPs in the usual ignorant, stereotypical way? I wouldn't think that it was...it doesn't make much sense and isn't even one of those things that can be erroneously pulled up from type descriptions, nicely out of context and blown out of proportion, like the other stereotypes.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Is that even a stereotype? I mean, regardless of its level of truth and nah nah nah, is it even something that's often said about ISTPs in the usual ignorant, stereotypical way? I wouldn't think that it was...it doesn't make much sense and isn't even one of those things that can be erroneously pulled up from type descriptions, nicely out of context and blown out of proportion, like the other stereotypes.
    I'd like to agree with your point but I can't get past the fact my ISTP Dad totally DESPISES sci-fi...

I once tried to get him to explain why and he said, "it's just not real".
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

In fact, part of my original point is that it's interesting that he's coming back to sci-fi after all this time off, so, not only had I already acknowledged the fact that he's been doing a lot of non-sci-fi work for a long time, the fact that he's coming back to the genre is part of my thesis why this all might have something to do with Cameron.
    He may just be coming back to the (commercially potent) 'Alien' series for the same reasons that Cameron now directs 'Avatar 2': money, money, money.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'd like to agree with your point but I can't get past the fact my ISTP Dad totally DESPISES sci-fi...

I once tried to get him to explain why and he said, "it's just not real".
    Yeah, Orangey, this is one more example of the exact same thing I've heard from numerous different places.

After hearing it enough times, from totally different sources, and quoting the exact same rationale, I figure it's disproportionate.

Between people irl and people online, I think I've heard this exact same thing about 5+ times now, including Southern Kross' example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    He may just be coming back to the (commercially potent) 'Alien' series for the same reasons that Cameron now directs 'Avatar 2': money, money, money.
    Well, yes, I would never doubt that to be a motivation.

I just wonder to what extent the motivation I have mentioned might be in play as well.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

The full length trailer has been released.

As well as a Q&A with Ridley Scott: http://www.livestream.com/prometheus
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ISTx

Looks awesome.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I thought it was crap.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I thought it was crap.
    That's cause it was.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    That's cause it was.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.