• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Books Worth Reading

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, here are the MBTI related books I already own. I use them for creating characters for fiction, and so I am always looking for an MBTI book that is helpful in that respect.

- Type Talk at Work by Otto Kroeger, Janet M. Thuesen, and Hile Rutledge
- Personality Type by Lenore Thomson
- Do What You Are by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger
- Type Talk by Otto Kroeger and Janet M. Thuesen
- Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence by David Keirsey
- The Art of Speed Reading People by Paul D. Tieger (Author), Barbara Barron-Tieger

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Beside Ourselves - Naomi Quenk (that was the 1st ed title, it was changed upon rerelease within the last few years).

There was also a book called Reel People (I think)... where the theory based on personality disorders was used in conjunction with cinema characters to analyze and describe. It's not MBTI and probably not as useful as some of the ones listed above, but not a bad read. (I ended up watching a few movies I would have missed otherwise, because of it.)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Well, here are the MBTI related books I already own. I use them for creating characters for fiction, and so I am always looking for an MBTI book that is helpful in that respect.

- Type Talk at Work by Otto Kroeger, Janet M. Thuesen, and Hile Rutledge
- Personality Type by Lenore Thomson
- Do What You Are by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger
- Type Talk by Otto Kroeger and Janet M. Thuesen
- Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence by David Keirsey
- The Art of Speed Reading People by Paul D. Tieger (Author), Barbara Barron-Tieger

That's neat. I've thought of using MBTI for fiction writing. :nice:

I suppose that "Just My Type: Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of Personality Type" By Tieger, would be useful in that respect since it points out how various types interact with each other and what difficulties they have.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Beside Ourselves - Naomi Quenk (that was the 1st ed title, it was changed upon rerelease within the last few years).

There was also a book called Reel People (I think)... where the theory based on personality disorders was used in conjunction with cinema characters to analyze and describe. It's not MBTI and probably not as useful as some of the ones listed above, but not a bad read. (I ended up watching a few movies I would have missed otherwise, because of it.)

My campus' library has a copy of Quenk's book, and it is a fascinating read. I like how it mainly talked about the ways each type's inferior functions are expressed.

I'll look into the other book too. I am open to suggestions for anything related. :)