Default Survivor: One World

Discuss!

Things I like:
    • One camp
    • No Redemption Island
    • No Past Players
    • No one knows what is going on

Things I don't like:

• The women's team seems 100% stupid so far. Seriously, how the hell do you sign up for this show and not learn how to make fire on your own? Ugh.
    • The fact that the girls got emo because the guys took the win. (While I do think it could potentially bite the men in the ass later... the fact that the girls could say with a straight face that it never occurred to them that this might happen seemed delusional at best.)

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

So far: Loving it. This feels like Season 1 of Survivor again because NOBODY seems to know how to play the game under these new conditions. I'm getting a little burnt out on having 2 teams full of 'Master Strategists' because they've watched 20 seasons of this shit. This 'one island' thing has them all perplexed.

I loved that 'Troyzan' guy's comment about the ladies. "You can't just come walking over here with your Tater's hanging out and expect to get something for it."

Also, Midget in a fedora? Fuck yes.

The girls annoy the shit out of me. Kourtney was my favorite right off the bat, so I'm pretty sad about her injury. The asian girl is my 2nd favorite, and I think she is playing the smartest game in terms of dealing with the men.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    The fact that the girls got emo because the guys took the win. (While I do think it could potentially bite the men in the ass later... the fact that the girls could say with a straight face that it never occurred to them that this might happen seemed delusional at best.)
    Yeah. Puhhhh-lease. They would have taken the win in a heartbeat if the situation had been reversed.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    So far: Loving it. This feels like Season 1 of Survivor again because NOBODY seems to know how to play the game under these new conditions. I'm getting a little burnt out on having 2 teams full of 'Master Strategists' because they've watched 20 seasons of this shit. This 'one island' thing has them all perplexed.

I loved that 'Troyzan' guy's comment about the ladies. "You can't just come walking over here with your Tater's hanging out and expect to get something for it."

Also, Midget in a fedora? Fuck yes.

The girls annoy the shit out of me. Kourtney was my favorite right off the bat, so I'm pretty sad about her injury. The asian girl is my 2nd favorite, and I think she is playing the smartest game in terms of dealing with the men.
    That guy was amazing. I am rooting for him since he isn't part of the frat party going on.

I liked that they tried stealing the fire (that would have been my game plan too.)

edit: scratch that. my game plan would have been to learn how to make fire on my own because duh.

MBTI
    INtP

Cross-Posted from Patches' thread...

I think this may be the first "twist" since the original tribal swap in Africa that actually works out to help the game, rather than hurt it. I'm not sure if I'm just a jaded fan, but as usual, most of the characters we saw the most of I didn't like. Christina (the Asian woman) was the only real exception there -- although Sushi Chef and KimFromTexas seemed like folks I could root for too.

Alicia and Matt -- I think I've already seen enough...

Discuss!

Things I like:
    • One camp
    • No Redemption Island
    • No Past Players
    • No one knows what is going on
    Add in "No Hantzes", and you get a big from me!

Things I don't like:

• The women's team seems 100% stupid so far. Seriously, how the hell do you sign up for this show and not learn how to make fire on your own? Ugh.
    • The fact that the girls got emo because the guys took the win. (While I do think it could potentially bite the men in the ass later... the fact that the girls could say with a straight face that it never occurred to them that this might happen seemed delusional at best.)
    Well, making fire without tools is *hard*. Even if you know what you're doing, it's tough to do (I've done it, but there were three of us working in shifts before we got a good coal). Having said that, I laugh-cringed when one of the women was holding a stick in each hand and rubbing them together like she was trying to get a spark like you would with flint and steel. Not Going To Work.

In general, I liked the women more than the men (). Most of the men we heard anything from tonight seemed absurdly arrogant (Matt, Thief) or playing a stereotype (Colton). Time will tell, I guess. But I'm happy to just have a fresh show, without obvious stunt-casting of "fan favorites".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

I loved Russel.

~

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Cross-Posted from Patches' thread...

I think this may be the first "twist" since the original tribal swap in Africa that actually works out to help the game, rather than hurt it. I'm not sure if I'm just a jaded fan, but as usual, most of the characters we saw the most of I didn't like. Christina (the Asian woman) was the only real exception there -- although Sushi Chef and KimFromTexas seemed like folks I could root for too.

Alicia and Matt -- I think I've already seen enough...

Well, making fire without tools is *hard*. Even if you know what you're doing, it's tough to do (I've done it, but there were three of us working in shifts before we got a good coal). Having said that, I laugh-cringed when one of the women was holding a stick in each hand and rubbing them together like she was trying to get a spark like you would with flint and steel. Not Going To Work.

In general, I liked the women more than the men (). Most of the men we heard anything from tonight seemed absurdly arrogant (Matt, Thief) or playing a stereotype (Colton). Time will tell, I guess. But I'm happy to just have a fresh show, without obvious stunt-casting of "fan favorites".
    Yeah, I get what you mean about making a fire w/o tools as being hard. Maybe it was the editing? It just seemed like the women went from "GRRL POWER!!" to "awww sad I need a man " awfully quickly without making much of an effort other than to pull their ass cheeks out of their shorts a bit.

Also I 100% agree on no more Hantzes !

I liked the Sushi chef too because he seemed to have a sense of humor. I think the alpha males are being a bit too quick to establish themselves as a solid unit away from the others considering that they don't have the numbers. If the other guys are smart they should pick off at least one of the alphas at their first chance.

figsfiggyfigs

I haven't read any posts yet because I have yet to feast my eyes upon the episode that will make my heart race at the speed of light.

I can't wait. I'm going tot watch it soon, and once I have, I will be here yapping.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

That Matt dude seems like grade-A douche. The girl who got injured seems like she might've been interesting/likable, so that's too bad.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am optimistic about this season. I don't really have a solid favorite yet but there does seem like a lot who I will love to hate (as opposed to just being annoyed at) and those who entertain by giving me mixed feelings. The two tribes on one beach theme seems to mix up the game in a manner that I find intriguing.

Alicia Rosa - I actually find interesting (and sexy) although she seems like one of those mean girls who I generally find morally abhorrent. Nevertheless looks like an ENTJ who will be fun to observe.

Christina Cha - Despite finding Alicia interesting and sexy I feel the flip side of for Christina. Her personality seems less interesting but her mind and logic is simpatico with my own. IxTx

Colton Cumbie - Typically the personality flamboyant gay dude I find annoying. But this guy has luck, humor and boldness and ambassador skills which have me initially rooting for him to last a while. ExFP.

Leif Manson - seems like a cool dwarf. Intuitively like him. Guessing he is an IxTP.

Greg Smith. The older Plastic Surgon. I am guessing he is an ESTP who will provide some amusement.

Jonas Otsuji. The Sushi Chef who I think is an ISTP seems like a guy who although short on charisma make up for it on being a cool dude and likely to have some interesting insights during the game.

Matt Quinlan. Attorney. This guy seems to have pissed off some viewers but I can relate to the dude and think that he is playing a rather good game and is acting in a reasonable manner despite somehow pissing off Colton. ESTJ.

Sabrina Thompson. High School teacher. Black lady who I like the best so far and who I suspect will ultimately win the game (although I think she gave the idol away too easily and without strings attached. ENFP.

Michael Jefferson. Banker. Who I suspect as the game controller at this point in time. One of those individuals who I love to hate who I suspect will make the game more interesting if he can maintain control of the Guy tribe. I actually thought that stealing the girl’s tools as they unloaded the truck was a good strategy. ENTx

As for the remainder of the tribe I am mostly unimpressed but neutral towards. Nobody who I find too annoying as of yet. Also a handful of bland (regardless of physically attractiveness) indivuals in the game give a good balance. Thus feel, so far, so good.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"