• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor: One World

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I lol'd at this episode. The women are still stupid. "um, the guys are like so unFAIR expecting something in return for giving us fieerrrrrrr!" *blows gum bubble*

I can't remember who in the thread said that Alicia is an ENTJ... But I don't see that at all. Matt who got voted out tonight was clearly ENTJ and got a bit too cocky. (step one: have the numbers. Step two: be cocky.)

Colton drives me nuts still. Too much of him is an elaborate persona that he's wearing like a garment. That bothers me.

No one is really standing out as someone I want to root for quite yet.

Although I did feel sort of bad for them, that whole scene with the women freezing and begging for 5 minutes near the fire was pretty pathetic. Almost as pathetic as that ramshackle wannabe hut that they were cringing under all night (these two are likely related...). Although I did think Chelsea's making a rock-wall on one side of it looked like a good idea. But, I digress... I totally agree with Saturned about the women complaining about the men wanting to take their canoe out for a trip in exchange for help with fire. I mean... that seemed pretty realistic and not at all exploitative to me. Especially when Tarzan (would you go see a doctor named Tarzan?) told them that if they couldn't make the deal without the other women agreeing... that they should to discuss it with the other women.

Matt was cocky, and kind of a jerk, but among Survivor jerks, he was pretty likable, all things considered. I mean, I wasn't sad to see him to (although I would have loved it if Colton had been sent off instead), but he was actually pretty reasonable and articulate a lot of the time, given his cockiness. Russell Hantz he was not.

Colton... is getting more distasteful by the episode. He's simply odious, but unfortunately I'm getting the feeling we're in line to see him all season. I mean, who *wouldn't* want to take him to the final tribal council? He's annoyed basically everyone, on both tribes, only a few days in. I don't see him redeeming himself.

At this point, I guess I'm rooting for Kim, Jonas, and Monica. I'm hoping that we've not seen a lot of them because they'll get their due farther on in the season, and not because they'll simply wither away without any storyline implications. I'd bet those chances are better for Kim and Jonas than Monica, though.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can't remember who in the thread said that Alicia is an ENTJ... But I don't see that at all. Matt who got voted out tonight was clearly ENTJ and got a bit too cocky. (step one: have the numbers. Step two: be cocky.) .

I was the one who initially considered Alicia an ENTJ (albeit an 'unhealthy' one): Case on point: Alicia to Kat "Don't cry at council" . A totally classic thing for a female ENTJ to say)

As to Matt, I in no way see as an ENTJ, I still see him as an ESTJ. He really didn't see himself getting voted off at tribal. He was completely oblivious. He didn't even sound like it "sunk in" that he had just been voted off and there seemed no indication or inflection in his voice of regret of how he allowed himself to be played off. His rigidity clearly did him in.

As to the fire, I sharply disagree with the above positions (apparently the above positions that it was frivolous for the men to be greedy about access to their fire). "Fire" on Survivor is a premium commodity. Thus worth leveraging, for on one hand, its inherent benefits. Or on the other hand, to deny others access to cause a detriment toward the competitions morale and physical health.

I have lived in on a trial crew in the deep backcountry and on weekend hikes have personally felt the gravity of its absence. Sure, its easy to recreate but then so is software. Both are strong bona fide strategic moves.

I will even go a step further as to this position and predict we will see the woman sharing their boat and fishing gear with the men tribe in the next episode( as requested by the men to the women to maintain access to fire in this most recent episode).

Fire is as key to survival on Survivor as food and thus is transformed into a viable commodity.

On another note.
Bill sure does suck at puzzles. Lol.

Its always an interesting game when the strong tribe is taken over by the misfits and gets weaker and weaker after every tribal. Like a body with a cut artery. Sabrina's move of giving Colton the idol is having its desired domino effect.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I haven't found anyone I've really liked yet in this season, but I was glad to see Matt go. He was easily the most repulsive person to me (and he was a moron).

A

Anew Leaf

[MENTION=7897]spamtar[/MENTION]: I get what you saying. I think Alicia is more ESFP. Just because someone's an f doesn't mean that they are down for whiney crying. I was thinking the same thing about kat... It was so obnoxious.

Matt, I still see him as an ENTJ regardless of getting blindsided. I've had many NTJ friends get lost in their own end goal at times and not notice something that seems very obvious to me. It's not like because they are Te-Ni they are all seeing and all knowing. :). Unless they are [MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION]. :ninja:

But again this is all just fun analysis based off of edited footage from a couple episodes. :)

You are 100% right on your fire analysis. Especially in this game... Jeff doesn't make that lame speech about fire representing your life on the island for nothing each tribal council. :laugh: so I am disappointed that a: none of the girls cultivated self knowledge in fire building, and b: that they have this victim mentality about fire and are trying to manipulate the guys with female "charms" to get it. So lame.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Matt, I still see him as an ENTJ regardless of getting blindsided. I've had many NTJ friends get lost in their own end goal at times and not notice something that seems very obvious to me. It's not like because they are Te-Ni they are all seeing and all knowing. :). Unless they are [MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION]. :ninja:

Haha.

I liked Matt. I thought he was a dick, and a bit of an asshole, but provided great entertainment. I definitely agree with you with the NTJ part. Definitely.
He reminded me a bit of [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]. The rooster attitude :}
Edit: For confusion, I should clarify. Forum Zara, not ventl Zara.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You know, I hated Matt. I thought he was a typical alpha male dick. I felt bad for the old guy, the midget. The gay guy. They didn't fit in, and when they were fighting against him? Hey, awesome. The meek inherited.

But now? Screw that. Totally. Colton is waaaaaay worse. What a piece of shit. And the alpha male is the devil of yesteryear. Colton is today. The rich, entitled, judgmental dick pretending to be so victimized but really being the problem. That's how the rich white assholes of today play, and that's Colton. Classist, kinda racist, no sense of scope, no appreciation for someone else's dreams nor of what it means to actually have to work your way up, no tolerance.

Hate him. Fuck that guy. For real.

Not even in a "fun to watch" way. I hope he goes next week and has a huge temper tantrum and everyone laughs.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
That was some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen. I don't even know what to write about it here. I am actually pissed over Survivor right now. Fuck the men.

A

Anew Leaf

You know, I hated Matt. I thought he was a typical alpha male dick. I felt bad for the old guy, the midget. The gay guy. They didn't fit in, and when they were fighting against him? Hey, awesome. The meek inherited.

But now? Screw that. Totally. Colton is waaaaaay worse. What a piece of shit. And the alpha male is the devil of yesteryear. Colton is today. The rich, entitled, judgmental dick pretending to be so victimized but really being the problem. That's how the rich white assholes of today play, and that's Colton. Classist, kinda racist, no sense of scope, no appreciation for someone else's dreams nor of what it means to actually have to work your way up, no tolerance.

Hate him. Fuck that guy. For real.

Not even in a "fun to watch" way. I hope he goes next week and has a huge temper tantrum and everyone laughs.

Agreed. I think Matt would have done much better in a mixed sex tribe. And I am 100% positive that he would not have gone down for the stupidity last night.

Colton isn't even entertaining at this point. The emo drama queen act is getting old very quickly.

I was appalled at him calling Leif a "munchkin" and "oompa loompa." There are just some lines that shouldn't be crossed.

That was some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen. I don't even know what to write about it here. I am actually pissed over Survivor right now. Fuck the men.

Agreed. This has to be the stupidest move in the history of the show based on the fact that 8 people went along with it. A week ago, I felt, that the men couldn't do anything stupid enough to boot the women off the pedastal of asshattery. And yet... here we are.

My only hope is that next week's surprise is them mixing the tribes up and Colton gets put on the Salani tribe, thus making his idol null and void.

I think what I found the most annoying was the giant song and dance that went on about how they had been betrayed!!! (AMGS ON SURVIVOR NO FUCKING WAY) and then they boot Bill. What?!

I am now hoping that Jeff tells the final two/three/four that because they are all so stupid, the million dollar prize is now off the table... and for the good of humanity they will instead be playing for their lives.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
If I were Leif, I wouldn't have taken that lying down. Leif has quickly moved from my favorite player to my least. If someone tells you that you're the next to go, you don't say "Ok". You fucking grab some other people and you blindside Colton. Get Bill, get Jay, etc. There are so many people here who lack basic fucking common sense.

I'm hoping Colton doesn't have the women in his pocket like he thinks he does. They seemed annoyed by his presence a lot. Mix up the tribes, give Colton a tribe of bitches who won't put up with his shit, and send him packing. I am, however, worried that Colton is going to stick around until the end. They've now made him the villain. He is now 'that' polarizing player. Without conflict, the show gets boring. So they'll keep the conflict around for 'good tv'.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
*groans with disgust*

Enough said. Seriously show, you can do better than this.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I was pretty ashamed and embarrassed by the women, but after this episode, I don't think I`ll ever have a problem with them again.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Colton will be remembered in Survivor history as a key Villain.

Although he is probably a despicable person he is fun to watch I really can appreciate the Strategy of his game. The men’s tribe furnishing the idol to the girl’s tribe however seemed superfluous. Colton is at his best when he is playing against the odds and think that the brand new tribes’ formation actually may have helped him avoid getting too complacent in his cockiness.

Colton’s scheme of remaining with the men of the new tribe was also the best election under the circumstances. The reason is because Colton’s new tribe (peasants vs the gods lol) will lose most of the immunity challenges. Thus when the final merge happens, it will be abundantly clear that the females are the clear minority. With this realization the “men tribe” will likely be reborn.

P.S. Also as to MBTI types: I change my mind as to Tarzan. Perhaps after he got my attention with his vocabulary and the insight that he appears to be a philologist. I no longer think he is an ESTP and instead think he is an EnTP.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
RIP Colton. You were a great strategist but you were a total self-centered jerk. Karma is a bitch but I’m sure made a big enough mark to be back on another Season.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I hate to say it, but I'm just glad he's gone. I can't decide if his issues are all immaturity, or if he's old enough to know better, and is simply that vile. Either way, I don't want to watch him. He may get another chance to play. But like Russel Hantz, once he's playing with people who've seen how he operates on TV, he won't last long. Hopefully.

I think "whatever Colton ate" should be a nominee for favorite player of the season. I mean, there's little else that could have made me more likely to enjoy the second half of the season than him leaving pre-merge.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Really glad Colton's gone. It was legitimately causing me anxiety to watch him be so mean to people like Leif (last episode) and Christina (this episode). It's a fucking game. You may have the upper hand, and they may be doomed to be out... But don't put them down and make them feel like shit. That wasn't strategy, that was stone-cold harassment. Colton is a piece of shit.

I said in my first post here that Christina was my favorite female. Still rooting for her. I want Alicia gone. She reminds me of this 'wannabe' hybrid of Parvati and Sandra. She wants to play the flirt role like Parvati, and the bitch role like Sandra... But she's not nearly as intelligent as they were.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
RIP Colton. You were a great strategist but you were a total self-centered jerk.

Was he a good strategist? His hatred and moves were transparent, he seemed to attack enemies out of animosity and not strategy, he basically lucked into a idol and by extension his leadership role, even several of his followers didn't really like him much and just saw the benefit in following him in the short term, and he wasn't anything special in challenges.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Survivor....

5.jpg

What? It's related.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Was he a good strategist? His hatred and moves were transparent, he seemed to attack enemies out of animosity and not strategy, he basically lucked into a idol and by extension his leadership role, even several of his followers didn't really like him much and just saw the benefit in following him in the short term, and he wasn't anything special in challenges.

Colton: Was he a good strategist? Yes. Was he a hater. Yes. Was he lucky, yes but he made his luck. He seemed so morally pathetic but he played the group like a piano and instilled fear into them; the sheep were thrilled simply that they were not the next one on the chopping block. Mastering manipulation including monkeypawing and scapegoating others.

Machiavellian strategy can be very disquieting to watch but it is so alive in this flawed world I commend when it is exposed, through such illustrations. What is important to learn is not to emulate so much as to learn to sense it early and to defend against it. It is because there are a collage of cancerous tactics. Although cancer is fascinating to study ultimately the lesson learned is developer our own strategies to notice that cancer and to nip it at the bud.

That being said Colton nevertheless was an artist of sorts. Regardless if is fueled by a deep seated inferiority it fascinates me to watch how it happens. How the sheep are all too eager to fall into the line to the slaughterhouse.

This raises the question. If you were on Survivor, if you were a member of his tribe, perhaps even Christina (besides poisoning him) how would you defend against a Colton?

See Interview with Colton: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/survivor-colton-hate-knew-no-bounds-180800022.html

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I liked Jonas but he made some mistakes and apparently was not able to work on the tribal vibe. He flipped from flying under the radar to playing an aggressive game without the necessary finesse and backup. Despite the merger there still was the bond between the "gods" vs. the "peasants" tribe. Nevertheless there was the a remnant of the boys vs girls alliance and he should have worked on that rather then targeting Matt (perhaps invoking the old jocks vs geeks rivalry).

Instead of pissing off/blaming Tarzan he should have targeted Alicia Rosa. Alicia being targeted and knocked off would have still kept the "gods" tribe in the majority inducing those tribe members to vote her off, lowered the girl vote by one thus rallying male vote (and also just retaliation for her initial breach of the girl tribe vote w Colton thus lowering girl tribe defense), got Christina's vote.

As far as talking to Tarzan swearing and blaming him was dumb and socially inept thing to do (although ethically justified). Tarzan should have been only approached after Jonas got a plurality of the others to convince him to their point of view.

I'm a little saddened as it looks like the game has took on a change where we will start seeing more of the interesting people getting voted off.

Say what you like about Colton. If he was still on the vote at tribal would have had a much different outcome.

A

Anew Leaf

Ahhh that was a glorious episode. So much fun to watch all of a sudden.

I am sad that Jay got voted out. He seems like an all right guy. Also (and perhaps more importantly) he was hot.

Also - I don't understand why no one like Christina.... did I miss something in one of the early episodes?