• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor: One World

A

Anew Leaf

Discuss!

Things I like:
  • One camp
  • No Redemption Island
  • No Past Players
  • No one knows what is going on

Things I don't like:

• The women's team seems 100% stupid so far. Seriously, how the hell do you sign up for this show and not learn how to make fire on your own? Ugh.
  • The fact that the girls got emo because the guys took the win. (While I do think it could potentially bite the men in the ass later... the fact that the girls could say with a straight face that it never occurred to them that this might happen seemed delusional at best.)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
So far: Loving it. This feels like Season 1 of Survivor again because NOBODY seems to know how to play the game under these new conditions. I'm getting a little burnt out on having 2 teams full of 'Master Strategists' because they've watched 20 seasons of this shit. This 'one island' thing has them all perplexed.

I loved that 'Troyzan' guy's comment about the ladies. "You can't just come walking over here with your Tater's hanging out and expect to get something for it."

Also, Midget in a fedora? Fuck yes.

The girls annoy the shit out of me. Kourtney was my favorite right off the bat, so I'm pretty sad about her injury. The asian girl is my 2nd favorite, and I think she is playing the smartest game in terms of dealing with the men.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The fact that the girls got emo because the guys took the win. (While I do think it could potentially bite the men in the ass later... the fact that the girls could say with a straight face that it never occurred to them that this might happen seemed delusional at best.)

Yeah. Puhhhh-lease. They would have taken the win in a heartbeat if the situation had been reversed.

A

Anew Leaf

So far: Loving it. This feels like Season 1 of Survivor again because NOBODY seems to know how to play the game under these new conditions. I'm getting a little burnt out on having 2 teams full of 'Master Strategists' because they've watched 20 seasons of this shit. This 'one island' thing has them all perplexed.

I loved that 'Troyzan' guy's comment about the ladies. "You can't just come walking over here with your Tater's hanging out and expect to get something for it."

Also, Midget in a fedora? Fuck yes.

The girls annoy the shit out of me. Kourtney was my favorite right off the bat, so I'm pretty sad about her injury. The asian girl is my 2nd favorite, and I think she is playing the smartest game in terms of dealing with the men.

That guy was amazing. I am rooting for him since he isn't part of the frat party going on.

I liked that they tried stealing the fire (that would have been my game plan too.)

edit: scratch that. my game plan would have been to learn how to make fire on my own because duh.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Cross-Posted from Patches' thread...

I think this may be the first "twist" since the original tribal swap in Africa that actually works out to help the game, rather than hurt it. I'm not sure if I'm just a jaded fan, but as usual, most of the characters we saw the most of I didn't like. Christina (the Asian woman) was the only real exception there -- although Sushi Chef and KimFromTexas seemed like folks I could root for too.

Alicia and Matt -- I think I've already seen enough...

Discuss!

Things I like:
  • One camp
  • No Redemption Island
  • No Past Players
  • No one knows what is going on
Add in "No Hantzes", and you get a big :solidarity: from me!

Things I don't like:

• The women's team seems 100% stupid so far. Seriously, how the hell do you sign up for this show and not learn how to make fire on your own? Ugh.
  • The fact that the girls got emo because the guys took the win. (While I do think it could potentially bite the men in the ass later... the fact that the girls could say with a straight face that it never occurred to them that this might happen seemed delusional at best.)
Well, making fire without tools is *hard*. Even if you know what you're doing, it's tough to do (I've done it, but there were three of us working in shifts before we got a good coal). Having said that, I laugh-cringed when one of the women was holding a stick in each hand and rubbing them together like she was trying to get a spark like you would with flint and steel. Not Going To Work.

In general, I liked the women more than the men :)dry:). Most of the men we heard anything from tonight seemed absurdly arrogant (Matt, Thief) or playing a stereotype (Colton). Time will tell, I guess. But I'm happy to just have a fresh show, without obvious stunt-casting of "fan favorites".

A

Anew Leaf

Cross-Posted from Patches' thread...

I think this may be the first "twist" since the original tribal swap in Africa that actually works out to help the game, rather than hurt it. I'm not sure if I'm just a jaded fan, but as usual, most of the characters we saw the most of I didn't like. Christina (the Asian woman) was the only real exception there -- although Sushi Chef and KimFromTexas seemed like folks I could root for too.

Alicia and Matt -- I think I've already seen enough...

Add in "No Hantzes", and you get a big :solidarity: from me!

Well, making fire without tools is *hard*. Even if you know what you're doing, it's tough to do (I've done it, but there were three of us working in shifts before we got a good coal). Having said that, I laugh-cringed when one of the women was holding a stick in each hand and rubbing them together like she was trying to get a spark like you would with flint and steel. Not Going To Work.

In general, I liked the women more than the men :)dry:). Most of the men we heard anything from tonight seemed absurdly arrogant (Matt, Thief) or playing a stereotype (Colton). Time will tell, I guess. But I'm happy to just have a fresh show, without obvious stunt-casting of "fan favorites".

Yeah, I get what you mean about making a fire w/o tools as being hard. Maybe it was the editing? It just seemed like the women went from "GRRL POWER!!" to "awww sad I need a man :(" awfully quickly without making much of an effort other than to pull their ass cheeks out of their shorts a bit.

Also I 100% agree on no more Hantzes :laugh:!

I liked the Sushi chef too because he seemed to have a sense of humor. :) I think the alpha males are being a bit too quick to establish themselves as a solid unit away from the others considering that they don't have the numbers. If the other guys are smart they should pick off at least one of the alphas at their first chance.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I haven't read any posts yet because I have yet to feast my eyes upon the episode that will make my heart race at the speed of light.

I can't wait. I'm going tot watch it soon, and once I have, I will be here yapping.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That Matt dude seems like grade-A douche. The girl who got injured seems like she might've been interesting/likable, so that's too bad.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am optimistic about this season. I don't really have a solid favorite yet but there does seem like a lot who I will love to hate (as opposed to just being annoyed at) and those who entertain by giving me mixed feelings. The two tribes on one beach theme seems to mix up the game in a manner that I find intriguing.

Alicia Rosa - I actually find interesting (and sexy) although she seems like one of those mean girls who I generally find morally abhorrent. Nevertheless looks like an ENTJ who will be fun to observe.

Christina Cha - Despite finding Alicia interesting and sexy I feel the flip side of for Christina. Her personality seems less interesting but her mind and logic is simpatico with my own. IxTx

Colton Cumbie - Typically the personality flamboyant gay dude I find annoying. But this guy has luck, humor and boldness and ambassador skills which have me initially rooting for him to last a while. ExFP.

Leif Manson - seems like a cool dwarf. Intuitively like him. Guessing he is an IxTP.

Greg Smith. The older Plastic Surgon. I am guessing he is an ESTP who will provide some amusement.

Jonas Otsuji. The Sushi Chef who I think is an ISTP seems like a guy who although short on charisma make up for it on being a cool dude and likely to have some interesting insights during the game.

Matt Quinlan. Attorney. This guy seems to have pissed off some viewers but I can relate to the dude and think that he is playing a rather good game and is acting in a reasonable manner despite somehow pissing off Colton. ESTJ.

Sabrina Thompson. High School teacher. Black lady who I like the best so far and who I suspect will ultimately win the game (although I think she gave the idol away too easily and without strings attached. ENFP.

Michael Jefferson. Banker. Who I suspect as the game controller at this point in time. One of those individuals who I love to hate who I suspect will make the game more interesting if he can maintain control of the Guy tribe. I actually thought that stealing the girl’s tools as they unloaded the truck was a good strategy. ENTx

As for the remainder of the tribe I am mostly unimpressed but neutral towards. Nobody who I find too annoying as of yet. Also a handful of bland (regardless of physically attractiveness) indivuals in the game give a good balance. Thus feel, so far, so good.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

I loved Russel.

Never! My dislike of that awful, awful man and the 2.2 seasons he ruined will never fade :).

It just seemed like the women went from "GRRL POWER!!" to "awww sad I need a man :(" awfully quickly without making much of an effort other than to pull their ass cheeks out of their shorts a bit.
Well, that's true. Some of them, anyway. The thing I liked about Christina is that she was willing to go and bargain, but wasn't annoyingly obsequious about it. Although I did laugh... the men had absolutely zero chance of protecting the fire at night, or early in the morning unless they were going to post a 24-hour guard on it. It *was* going to get "stolen", no matter what.

I am optimistic about this season.
So far, I am too. None of the "villain-types", with the possible exception of Alicia, seem so onerous as to ruin my enjoyment of the show altogether. And it really is more enjoyable with a group of all-newbies. Seeing Rob rofl-stomp his season, or half the cast just dying to vote for Ozzy was a bit weak. These competitions are never going to be "equal" from the start, but the "clearly-advantaged veteran" thing sort of took a bit of the interest out of it.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I'm really annoyed with the women tribe. Using their t&a to get the men to do their fire made me mini-rage. At least they stole it, which is what I wouldve done had I been in ther position, but their inability to mantain the stolen fire just shows how unprepared and unorganized they are. Very frustrating.

I like the mens team so far. Vey entertaining. I like the arrogance and douheynrss; it definitely creates good tv. Im glad they refused to give the women anything, until a constructive and beneficial compromise was reached.

Loving this season. Hate the women. Hope they prove everyone wrong. I'm ashamed on behalf of them.

A

Anew Leaf

The women are stupid and suck and are too stupid to realize why they suck. Kat looks like a first grader trying to hang out with the high school crowd. Public schools have once again Epicly Failed.

At this point I am narrowing my gaze to solely the men to see who is worthy of being rooted for. (Although Sabrina seems to be the least offensive woman... she still voted Nina out.) I think I need to quote [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] and say "Also, Midget in a fedora? Fuck yes."

I can't decide yet if Colton is playing a brilliant game or just has the luck of the idiots on his side.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I can't decide yet if Colton is playing a brilliant game or just has the luck of the idiots on his side.

I think it's the latter... at least on what we've been shown. Even if the women are playing pretty poorly, they still get votes at the end (assuming any of them make the jury, but I think we can rest assured that at least some will), and he's already annoyed them. If nothing else, they don't respect him much.

The womens' tribe is just oddly dysfunctional. As individuals, I could believe that Sabrina, Kim, and Chelsea might be good players -- when alone they're saying reasonable things, anyway. Christina and Monica don't seem any worse than average, and we've seen worse go far. Nina, Alicia, and Kat... not so much. But as a group, they're almost helpless. I mean, didn't two or three of them openly say at tribal council that if they had it to do over again, they'd align differently? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that *before* they got voted out -- especially when they then stick to said regretted alliance. I was hoping that Kim and Chelsea would switch things up and vote for Kat... but it was pretty clear that it wasn't going to happen. But still... there's a weird loser dynamic in this bunch. That challenge performance was simply awful -- and it's something that women traditionally tend to do well at, Survivor-wise.

But the worst thing about this episode was repeated shots of Tarzan in that bright blue speedo-underwear (an odd phrase if there ever was one)... no thank you. Give them some actual clothes, pronto!

xisnotx

Permabanned
I used to love survivor until it became too formulaic..perhaps I'll give this one a try.
I've always had a nasty habit of rooting for the next guy that goes home. It's a bit of a running joke in my family.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Although the woman's tribe looks like it is set for serial failure there were themes in this weeks episode which I found worthy. Regrouping vs Reacting. First their was Colton who feeling an outsider from the mens tribe attempted to violate the key boundary of Survivor and hang with the other side, only to naturally make the girls team uncomfortable with his presence and to (at least temporarily) ostracize him.

What distinguished Colton was that instead of allowing himself to be demoralized, it motivated him to see where he belongs on the tribe (with the Misfit group) and ultimately being the defector leader of the Misfits (with idol in hand)

Kat (ESTP) was extremely irritating. She seemed totally clueless and only responsive to impulse. For Alicia to choose herself and Kat as in charge of food when instead of immediately proving themselves (and looking for the idol in the process) they choose instead to be idle twits and shamelessly sit in the ocean bragging. Kat not only completely blew the challenge but here inane loud chatter drowns out anybody from hearing the sober voice of reason.

Nevertheless, Kat seemed to clear the low bar I held for her at tribal and accepted personal responsibility. This surprised me and was a wise move in light of the game and thus ended on a up-note for Kat.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I am optimistic about this season. I don't really have a solid favorite yet but there does seem like a lot who I will love to hate (as opposed to just being annoyed at) and those who entertain by giving me mixed feelings. The two tribes on one beach theme seems to mix up the game in a manner that I find intriguing.

Alicia Rosa - I actually find interesting (and sexy) although she seems like one of those mean girls who I generally find morally abhorrent. Nevertheless looks like an ENTJ who will be fun to observe.

So because she's a bitch, loud mouthed, and abrasive, she by default get type cast as ENTJ? I find that ridiculous. She really is either a super genius that she is that capable of hiding her intelligence, or she's just a giant airhead. This bitch is stupid, I renounce my type!
(Haven't watched second epi yet)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So because she's a bitch, loud mouthed, and abrasive, she by default get type cast as ENTJ? I find that ridiculous. She really is either a super genius that she is that capable of hiding her intelligence, or she's just a giant airhead. This bitch is stupid, I renounce my type!
(Haven't watched second epi yet)

I don't think she is typical for the type...but nevertheless think sense she is an ENTJ (although an "unhealthy" ENTJ). Although a bitch she made the largest move of the game by, I suspect, being the mastermind/instigator of the alliance (although flawed, nevertheless has her sitting pretty for the time being.).

Please keep the type. I generally find the ENTJs as a group to be usually entertaining and clever. ;-)

F

figsfiggyfigs

Epi 2 made my skin crawl. The wiminz are idiots. I can't believe they kept Kat. JUST MAKE A NEW FUCKING ALLIANCE. I'm surprised those two girls didn't switch over to Nina/other old lady/Christina and make a new and stronger alliance of five. I guess nothing is more comforting and reassuring than a sure/loyal alliance, which is also understandable. They've obviously learned nothing from watching older women play in the last few season of survival, which is: they got game.

A

Anew Leaf

I lol'd at this episode. The women are still stupid. "um, the guys are like so unFAIR expecting something in return for giving us fieerrrrrrr!" *blows gum bubble*

I can't remember who in the thread said that Alicia is an ENTJ... But I don't see that at all. Matt who got voted out tonight was clearly ENTJ and got a bit too cocky. (step one: have the numbers. Step two: be cocky.)

Colton drives me nuts still. Too much of him is an elaborate persona that he's wearing like a garment. That bothers me.

No one is really standing out as someone I want to root for quite yet.