User Tag List

First 23456 Last

figsfiggyfigs

I was pretty ashamed and embarrassed by the women, but after this episode, I don't think I`ll ever have a problem with them again.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Colton will be remembered in Survivor history as a key Villain.

Although he is probably a despicable person he is fun to watch I really can appreciate the Strategy of his game. The men’s tribe furnishing the idol to the girl’s tribe however seemed superfluous. Colton is at his best when he is playing against the odds and think that the brand new tribes’ formation actually may have helped him avoid getting too complacent in his cockiness.

Colton’s scheme of remaining with the men of the new tribe was also the best election under the circumstances. The reason is because Colton’s new tribe (peasants vs the gods lol) will lose most of the immunity challenges. Thus when the final merge happens, it will be abundantly clear that the females are the clear minority. With this realization the “men tribe” will likely be reborn.

P.S. Also as to MBTI types: I change my mind as to Tarzan. Perhaps after he got my attention with his vocabulary and the insight that he appears to be a philologist. I no longer think he is an ESTP and instead think he is an EnTP.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

RIP Colton. You were a great strategist but you were a total self-centered jerk. Karma is a bitch but I’m sure made a big enough mark to be back on another Season.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INtP

I hate to say it, but I'm just glad he's gone. I can't decide if his issues are all immaturity, or if he's old enough to know better, and is simply that vile. Either way, I don't want to watch him. He may get another chance to play. But like Russel Hantz, once he's playing with people who've seen how he operates on TV, he won't last long. Hopefully.

I think "whatever Colton ate" should be a nominee for favorite player of the season. I mean, there's little else that could have made me more likely to enjoy the second half of the season than him leaving pre-merge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Really glad Colton's gone. It was legitimately causing me anxiety to watch him be so mean to people like Leif (last episode) and Christina (this episode). It's a fucking game. You may have the upper hand, and they may be doomed to be out... But don't put them down and make them feel like shit. That wasn't strategy, that was stone-cold harassment. Colton is a piece of shit.

I said in my first post here that Christina was my favorite female. Still rooting for her. I want Alicia gone. She reminds me of this 'wannabe' hybrid of Parvati and Sandra. She wants to play the flirt role like Parvati, and the bitch role like Sandra... But she's not nearly as intelligent as they were.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post
    RIP Colton. You were a great strategist but you were a total self-centered jerk.
    Was he a good strategist? His hatred and moves were transparent, he seemed to attack enemies out of animosity and not strategy, he basically lucked into a idol and by extension his leadership role, even several of his followers didn't really like him much and just saw the benefit in following him in the short term, and he wasn't anything special in challenges.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP

Survivor....

What? It's related.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Was he a good strategist? His hatred and moves were transparent, he seemed to attack enemies out of animosity and not strategy, he basically lucked into a idol and by extension his leadership role, even several of his followers didn't really like him much and just saw the benefit in following him in the short term, and he wasn't anything special in challenges.
    Colton: Was he a good strategist? Yes. Was he a hater. Yes. Was he lucky, yes but he made his luck. He seemed so morally pathetic but he played the group like a piano and instilled fear into them; the sheep were thrilled simply that they were not the next one on the chopping block. Mastering manipulation including monkeypawing and scapegoating others.

Machiavellian strategy can be very disquieting to watch but it is so alive in this flawed world I commend when it is exposed, through such illustrations. What is important to learn is not to emulate so much as to learn to sense it early and to defend against it. It is because there are a collage of cancerous tactics. Although cancer is fascinating to study ultimately the lesson learned is developer our own strategies to notice that cancer and to nip it at the bud.

That being said Colton nevertheless was an artist of sorts. Regardless if is fueled by a deep seated inferiority it fascinates me to watch how it happens. How the sheep are all too eager to fall into the line to the slaughterhouse.

This raises the question. If you were on Survivor, if you were a member of his tribe, perhaps even Christina (besides poisoning him) how would you defend against a Colton?

See Interview with Colton: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/survivor-co...180800022.html

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I liked Jonas but he made some mistakes and apparently was not able to work on the tribal vibe. He flipped from flying under the radar to playing an aggressive game without the necessary finesse and backup. Despite the merger there still was the bond between the "gods" vs. the "peasants" tribe. Nevertheless there was the a remnant of the boys vs girls alliance and he should have worked on that rather then targeting Matt (perhaps invoking the old jocks vs geeks rivalry).

Instead of pissing off/blaming Tarzan he should have targeted Alicia Rosa. Alicia being targeted and knocked off would have still kept the "gods" tribe in the majority inducing those tribe members to vote her off, lowered the girl vote by one thus rallying male vote (and also just retaliation for her initial breach of the girl tribe vote w Colton thus lowering girl tribe defense), got Christina's vote.

As far as talking to Tarzan swearing and blaming him was dumb and socially inept thing to do (although ethically justified). Tarzan should have been only approached after Jonas got a plurality of the others to convince him to their point of view.

I'm a little saddened as it looks like the game has took on a change where we will start seeing more of the interesting people getting voted off.

Say what you like about Colton. If he was still on the vote at tribal would have had a much different outcome.

Anew Leaf

Ahhh that was a glorious episode. So much fun to watch all of a sudden.

I am sad that Jay got voted out. He seems like an all right guy. Also (and perhaps more importantly) he was hot.

Also - I don't understand why no one like Christina.... did I miss something in one of the early episodes?