User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

I loved Russel.
    Never! My dislike of that awful, awful man and the 2.2 seasons he ruined will never fade .

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    It just seemed like the women went from "GRRL POWER!!" to "awww sad I need a man " awfully quickly without making much of an effort other than to pull their ass cheeks out of their shorts a bit.
    Well, that's true. Some of them, anyway. The thing I liked about Christina is that she was willing to go and bargain, but wasn't annoyingly obsequious about it. Although I did laugh... the men had absolutely zero chance of protecting the fire at night, or early in the morning unless they were going to post a 24-hour guard on it. It *was* going to get "stolen", no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I am optimistic about this season.
    So far, I am too. None of the "villain-types", with the possible exception of Alicia, seem so onerous as to ruin my enjoyment of the show altogether. And it really is more enjoyable with a group of all-newbies. Seeing Rob rofl-stomp his season, or half the cast just dying to vote for Ozzy was a bit weak. These competitions are never going to be "equal" from the start, but the "clearly-advantaged veteran" thing sort of took a bit of the interest out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

figsfiggyfigs

I'm really annoyed with the women tribe. Using their t&a to get the men to do their fire made me mini-rage. At least they stole it, which is what I wouldve done had I been in ther position, but their inability to mantain the stolen fire just shows how unprepared and unorganized they are. Very frustrating.

I like the mens team so far. Vey entertaining. I like the arrogance and douheynrss; it definitely creates good tv. Im glad they refused to give the women anything, until a constructive and beneficial compromise was reached.

Loving this season. Hate the women. Hope they prove everyone wrong. I'm ashamed on behalf of them.

Anew Leaf

The women are stupid and suck and are too stupid to realize why they suck. Kat looks like a first grader trying to hang out with the high school crowd. Public schools have once again Epicly Failed.

At this point I am narrowing my gaze to solely the men to see who is worthy of being rooted for. (Although Sabrina seems to be the least offensive woman... she still voted Nina out.) I think I need to quote @Patches and say "Also, Midget in a fedora? Fuck yes."

I can't decide yet if Colton is playing a brilliant game or just has the luck of the idiots on his side.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I can't decide yet if Colton is playing a brilliant game or just has the luck of the idiots on his side.
    I think it's the latter... at least on what we've been shown. Even if the women are playing pretty poorly, they still get votes at the end (assuming any of them make the jury, but I think we can rest assured that at least some will), and he's already annoyed them. If nothing else, they don't respect him much.

The womens' tribe is just oddly dysfunctional. As individuals, I could believe that Sabrina, Kim, and Chelsea might be good players -- when alone they're saying reasonable things, anyway. Christina and Monica don't seem any worse than average, and we've seen worse go far. Nina, Alicia, and Kat... not so much. But as a group, they're almost helpless. I mean, didn't two or three of them openly say at tribal council that if they had it to do over again, they'd align differently? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that *before* they got voted out -- especially when they then stick to said regretted alliance. I was hoping that Kim and Chelsea would switch things up and vote for Kat... but it was pretty clear that it wasn't going to happen. But still... there's a weird loser dynamic in this bunch. That challenge performance was simply awful -- and it's something that women traditionally tend to do well at, Survivor-wise.

But the worst thing about this episode was repeated shots of Tarzan in that bright blue speedo-underwear (an odd phrase if there ever was one)... no thank you. Give them some actual clothes, pronto!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned

I used to love survivor until it became too formulaic..perhaps I'll give this one a try.
    I've always had a nasty habit of rooting for the next guy that goes home. It's a bit of a running joke in my family.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Although the woman's tribe looks like it is set for serial failure there were themes in this weeks episode which I found worthy. Regrouping vs Reacting. First their was Colton who feeling an outsider from the mens tribe attempted to violate the key boundary of Survivor and hang with the other side, only to naturally make the girls team uncomfortable with his presence and to (at least temporarily) ostracize him.

What distinguished Colton was that instead of allowing himself to be demoralized, it motivated him to see where he belongs on the tribe (with the Misfit group) and ultimately being the defector leader of the Misfits (with idol in hand)

Kat (ESTP) was extremely irritating. She seemed totally clueless and only responsive to impulse. For Alicia to choose herself and Kat as in charge of food when instead of immediately proving themselves (and looking for the idol in the process) they choose instead to be idle twits and shamelessly sit in the ocean bragging. Kat not only completely blew the challenge but here inane loud chatter drowns out anybody from hearing the sober voice of reason.

Nevertheless, Kat seemed to clear the low bar I held for her at tribal and accepted personal responsibility. This surprised me and was a wise move in light of the game and thus ended on a up-note for Kat.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I am optimistic about this season. I don't really have a solid favorite yet but there does seem like a lot who I will love to hate (as opposed to just being annoyed at) and those who entertain by giving me mixed feelings. The two tribes on one beach theme seems to mix up the game in a manner that I find intriguing.

Alicia Rosa - I actually find interesting (and sexy) although she seems like one of those mean girls who I generally find morally abhorrent. Nevertheless looks like an ENTJ who will be fun to observe.
    So because she's a bitch, loud mouthed, and abrasive, she by default get type cast as ENTJ? I find that ridiculous. She really is either a super genius that she is that capable of hiding her intelligence, or she's just a giant airhead. This bitch is stupid, I renounce my type!
    (Haven't watched second epi yet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    So because she's a bitch, loud mouthed, and abrasive, she by default get type cast as ENTJ? I find that ridiculous. She really is either a super genius that she is that capable of hiding her intelligence, or she's just a giant airhead. This bitch is stupid, I renounce my type!
    (Haven't watched second epi yet)
    I don't think she is typical for the type...but nevertheless think sense she is an ENTJ (although an "unhealthy" ENTJ). Although a bitch she made the largest move of the game by, I suspect, being the mastermind/instigator of the alliance (although flawed, nevertheless has her sitting pretty for the time being.).

Please keep the type. I generally find the ENTJs as a group to be usually entertaining and clever. ;-)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

figsfiggyfigs

Epi 2 made my skin crawl. The wiminz are idiots. I can't believe they kept Kat. JUST MAKE A NEW FUCKING ALLIANCE. I'm surprised those two girls didn't switch over to Nina/other old lady/Christina and make a new and stronger alliance of five. I guess nothing is more comforting and reassuring than a sure/loyal alliance, which is also understandable. They've obviously learned nothing from watching older women play in the last few season of survival, which is: they got game.

Anew Leaf

I lol'd at this episode. The women are still stupid. "um, the guys are like so unFAIR expecting something in return for giving us fieerrrrrrr!" *blows gum bubble*

I can't remember who in the thread said that Alicia is an ENTJ... But I don't see that at all. Matt who got voted out tonight was clearly ENTJ and got a bit too cocky. (step one: have the numbers. Step two: be cocky.)

Colton drives me nuts still. Too much of him is an elaborate persona that he's wearing like a garment. That bothers me.

No one is really standing out as someone I want to root for quite yet.