• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

forum chess game

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Let's play.
Make sure always to indicate your move: colour and move number (e.g. 1. e4 is a white move, 1. ... c5 would be black's response).
It may be good to limit the number of moves an individual can make to one per day.
Here we go:

1. e4

ygolo

My termites win
Do we have to stick to the same color when we start?

2. Nc3

(let's go closed Sicilian)

ygolo

My termites win
Consulting with Mippus:
Should we keep going down the main line with 3. g3, or go more agressive (and out of most books) with 3. f4?

Also, I hope I didn't usurp your game.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
A random question... for this game to work... somebody ought to be tracking the position of all the pieces? :unsure:

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Consulting with Mippus:
Should we keep going down the main line with 3. g3, or go more agressive (and out of most books) with 3. f4?

Wow, I read 2.Nf3, so I am happy my move wasn't a mistake ...

ygolo

My termites win
A random question... for this game to work... somebody ought to be tracking the position of all the pieces? :unsure:

You're supposed to do it mentally. But I guess we can periodically post the state of the game.

Right now we are at a standard closed sicilian position, deciding on move 3 (whether to continue along the main line or to deviate--making Splittet and others on the the Black team sweat).

Wow, I read 2.Nf3, so I am happy my move wasn't a mistake ...

I guess that is good reason to track the position.

Nope not 2.Nf3, knowing that both mippus and I are positional players, I chose to go closed instead of open.

EDIT:Anyone want to play a 1:1 and slightly faster paced game on my blog?
EDIT 2: I'm not that good. Mippus is likely a lot better. I just like to play. And this forum style is intriguing.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Consulting with Mippus:

Yummie, a closed sicilian. The very reason why I enjoy playing e4... I really like the lines where you postpone f4 and play Be3 and Qd2 first...
so:

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. g3 ...

It does only look fair to stick to one of the colours...
A diagram every 5 moves would be nice. Anyone who knows how to do that? Besides that, please do copy the whole game so far in every new post...
Oh, and it is not MY game. Please...

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
8wq2hjm3o4so.png

A diagram might be handy. This is where I found it: Chess Diagram Generator

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I find this thread to be somewhat arousing...

:ninja:

Guys who play chess = HOT!!!

Sorry. :static: <------- She made me post this.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ

Haha, I often play chess at parties, and let me tell you, it's no chick magnet. People often get annoyed by it, and seem to feel it ruins the party or whatever. Last party I was on people was so annoyed they hid the board from us. I might just be hanging out with the wrong crowd though.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
How large are the parties?

Playing chess at a party is kind of reminiscent of playing chess at the park. :wub:

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Haha, I often play chess at parties, and let me tell you, it's no chick magnet. People often get annoyed by it, and seem to feel it ruins the party or whatever. Last party I was on people was so annoyed they hid the board from us. I might just be hanging out with the wrong crowd though.

Well, fascinating as the game may be, playing it at a party is not an act of social involvement :D, unless perhaps when you play the variation of which I forgot the exact name ("madhouse"?) where you two duo's play eachother and you can pass the captured pieces on to your partner. That is hilarious.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
How large are the parties?

Small. Parties are not really my thing (duh), and large ones even less, of course, being introverted and all.

Playing chess at a party is kind of reminiscent of playing chess at the park. :wub:

How hot is an IQ of 200 to you? :p

Well, fascinating as the game may be, playing it at a party is not an act of social involvement :D, unless perhaps when you play the variation of which I forgot the exact name ("madhouse"?) where you two duo's play eachother and you can pass the captured pieces on to your partner. That is hilarious.

Haha, social involvement is overrated. :) Have never tried madhouse, but sure I would like it, but I think people at parties would hate it – it's simply chess.

Can someone please make a white move?

ygolo

My termites win
A diagram might be handy. This is where I found it: Chess Diagram Generator

Ah, that'll come in handy.

Are you a chess groupie or a chess player? Splittet is playing black by himself.

You mean playing chess hustlers? :ninja:

I heard it called "bughouse."

Can someone please make a white move?

4. Bg2