• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

There and Back Again: One Year of Tolkien Book/Film Discussion

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, where's the spider talk? I'm waiting to hear about the spiders.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I said that in the other thread. What bs.

The movie's going to include a lot of crap not in the story.
... maybe even Batman.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I said that in the other thread. What bs.

The movie's going to include a lot of crap not in the story.
... maybe even Batman.

There's another Hobbit thread?

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

I'll get my boomstick then nuke the entire thread from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's another Hobbit thread?

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

I'll get my boomstick then nuke the entire thread from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

It won't matter. You're already killed off in movie #3.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
‘Hobbit’ trilogy confirmed by Peter Jackson, Internet rejoices

There is no reason for it to be a trilogy, it’s a far simpler and faster tale than LOTR.

If the Hobbit needs a trilogy, LOTR should’ve been six movies.

I was just rejoicing about this on facebook earlier and highlighted this portion of the article I read:

We recognized that the richness of the story of The Hobbit, as well as some of the related material in the appendices of The Lord of the Rings, gave rise to a simple question: do we tell more of the tale?

WUTWUT!

:yay:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just rejoicing about this on facebook earlier and highlighted this portion of the article I read:

WUTWUT!

:yay:

Will that make the movie(s) better though?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm actually kind of scared they will make the assault on Dol Guldor by Gandalf, Galadriel, Radagast, and whoever else just like one giant video game. That's what kind of happened the last time...

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Will that make the movie(s) better though?

I like the books as they are and they will always be there for me to read. A movie of a book is something completely different. For some books I have that attachment there that I want everything to be perfect and accurate. I have faith that they will tell the story of the Hobbit accurately. Why should I care whether they tell MORE stories from Tolkien's verse at the same time??? I can't get enough.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the books as they are and they will always be there for me to read. A movie of a book is something completely different. For some books I have that attachment there that I want everything to be perfect and accurate. I have faith that they will tell the story of the Hobbit accurately. Why should I care whether they tell MORE stories from Tolkien's verse at the same time??? I can't get enough.

That's what I'm wondering. Does additional material make the movies better, or bloated and wrong?

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
That's what I'm wondering. Does additional material make the movies better, or bloated and wrong?

I can't really make that assessment until I've see the movies. If you are just focused on the story of The Hobbit, you could say fitting in a bunch of other shit will make these movies "bloated and wrong". Personally, I'm curious about what they will do and I like that they are adding in more stories because I feared that after The Hobbit we wouldn't get to see any of the other stories on the screen, because LotR and The Hobbit are the well-known ones.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't really make that assessment until I've see the movies. If you are just focused on the story of The Hobbit, you could say fitting in a bunch of other shit will make these movies "bloated and wrong". Personally, I'm curious about what they will do and I like that they are adding in more stories because I feared that after The Hobbit we wouldn't get to see any of the other stories on the screen, because LotR and The Hobbit are the well-known ones.

You never know!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You never know!

gromit

likes this
Finished reading The Hobbit.

384742_10151144541086280_783505702_n.jpg