• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what bands did you grow up on?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still do and am not embarrassed.

I actually like both Madonna and Michael Jackson, in general.

I also appreciate the skill in how they knew how to set the trends rather than just follow them. Talk about promotional savvy.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Ha, don't let nebby get you down, elf!
Wagner was a jerk, but his music was magnificent.
Bruckner and Grieg and Faure and Mahler and Dukas are some other enjoyable ones.

To be honest, I love classical music. I was just being snarky. My favorite book when I was 13 was Lives of the Great Composers by Harold Shonberg. I read that thing several times. So I'm much like Elfboy in this regard.
Sorry [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] !

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bands? I'm with Elfboy. By the time I was 10 I had discovered classical music, and the rest as they say is history. I eventually branched out into folk, new age, world music, soundtracks, and a few select rock bands (The Who, Genesis, Styx, etc.) but classical is still the core of what I listen to, and what I play.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've always wished that I liked classical music, mainly because I'm an elitist asshole about music in general and classical music, but I never have. I don't know why; maybe I just get bored of the same instruments over and over (I listen to mostly Electronica). Also, I don't like violins very much.

A

A window to the soul

I've always wished that I liked classical music, mainly because I'm an elitist asshole about music in general and classical music, but I never have. I don't know why; maybe I just get bored of the same instruments over and over (I listen to mostly Electronica). Also, I don't like violins very much.
Elitist asshole must be an ENTP thing. I too find classical music boring. I'm an opera music snob myself. :x

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually like both Madonna and Michael Jackson, in general.

I also appreciate the skill in how they knew how to set the trends rather than just follow them. Talk about promotional savvy.

Yep. I actually used to really like Michael Jackson. Though I am a slight bit embarrassed about that. The guy was an amazing talent.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Try The Coors. Might cure you of the violin thing.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elitist asshole must be an ENTP thing. I too find classical music boring. I'm an opera music snob myself. :x

My dad's an ESTP and he's the opposite -- a complete music snob towards anything that ISN'T opera or classical or band music (like Sousa and the other march kings). He was constantly putting down pop, rock, and any other modern form.

G

garbage

Metallica and Bad Religion.

Who do I listen to now? Metallica and Bad Religion. And also, other stuff thrown in wherever it fits.

Lightyear

when I was 10-12:

Meat Loaf
Simply Red

as a teen:

Tori Amos (still love her 90s albums today)

German chanson singers
Freundeskreis
Muse

And a lot of 90s stuff playing in the background, like Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Blur etc.

A

A window to the soul

My dad's an ESTP and he's the opposite -- a complete music snob towards anything that ISN'T opera or classical or band music (like Sousa and the other march kings). He was constantly putting down pop, rock, and any other modern form.

I was joking; I hate opera and rap. Other than that, I like a wide variety of music, young and old.

My Dad made sure I was well rounded.

Malleus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Audioslave, Staind, Disturbed lil bit of Korn.

Those are probably the more significant bands that I listened to a lot when I was a teenager. I am more of a specific song type of person than a band person.

Within

Permabanned
King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Queen, Scorpions. Later on Marilyn Manson, Slipknot and System Of A Down.