User Tag List

Default Batman's bookshelf

I wonder if anyone else has ever wondered about super heroes like Batman and Superman and wondered what their book shelves would be like.

I've read storylines in which Batman is described as everything from Sherlock Holmes to a Zen Master, there's a lot of learning or reading involved in that, Superman is a visitor to earth from an extraterrestrial world which is gone now, he's likely to have an anthropologists interest in earth if nothing else.

Anyone else wonder what the content of it would be or know of any good websites on that topic too?

Superman got most of his education from his dad, in that little pod, flying to earth. Then his Fortress has a hologram of his dad, who teaches him anything he wants. For whatever reason, his dad kept up on Earth.

superman doesn't read, but clark kent reads just about everything, politics, biology, philosophy, psychology; savant like sponge mind. clark kent=ken wilber

batman = many technical manuals. building bombs and all .. mythological stuff, some shamanism, psychology of transformations (jung etc), dying, illusions, conspiracy theories (he would want to get his hands on "the Arc"), fiction.

no, i haven't put much thought in that

Epiphany

I bet they mostly read comic books.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wonder if anyone else has ever wondered about super heroes like Batman and Superman and wondered what their book shelves would be like.

I've read storylines in which Batman is described as everything from Sherlock Holmes to a Zen Master, there's a lot of learning or reading involved in that, Superman is a visitor to earth from an extraterrestrial world which is gone now, he's likely to have an anthropologists interest in earth if nothing else.

Anyone else wonder what the content of it would be or know of any good websites on that topic too?
    Why would Superman have any anthropological interest beyond that of a normal human? He's been on earth since he was less than a year old. It's not like the lion's share of his experiences or memories are related to Krypton. It's likely he has virtually no memory of Krypton. He's been around humans and human culture for what amounts to pretty much his whole life.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    superman doesn't read, but clark kent reads just about everything, politics, biology, philosophy, psychology; savant like sponge mind. clark kent=ken wilber
    I think that depends on which era of Superman you're talking about. The character originally was incredibly intelligent, smarter than a human could possibly be (he was basically God in his first conception: the complete lack of any fault or weakness kind of made, and to some degree still makes, the character a tad boring to me), but he's generally shown in modern comics to be a bit above average in terms of intelligence, but certainly not of the level of Lex Luthor or Bruce Wayne.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    (he was basically God in his first conception)
    [sic]

God with allergies :X
    "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't."