User Tag List

First 123 Last

It's because the online aspects adds a dynamic variable to something that would otherwise grow to be repetitive and stale overtime. Granted I haven't played them very extensively at all, but I imagine it's the sense community (however vague) that keeps the dedicated fan base coming back.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Well, if graphics was really the key to success Nintendo should be part of history. If there is a human nature in an environment with limited resources it only makes sense that some situation would thrive upon the specificities of this nature\structure more than others. And isnt it a very human thing to identify patterns and use them to one's/the species advantage?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    The game is quake 3 with military guns it's not realistic it's an arcade shooter that gets boring after half an hour. I'm not saying the game is bad but it has mediocre mechanics, physics and graphics with pretty explosions and high end production.
    Who said it was realistic? Who said realism was its primary selling point? If people think it's totally realistic, they're fooled. I play it because it can be a load of fun (especially when playing with people you know and letting the whole competitive aspect enter the equation), as I believe is the main motivation for others to play it.

Have you actually played the game or are you an outsider looking in?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Who said it was realistic? Who said realism was its primary selling point? If people think it's totally realistic, they're fooled. I play it because it can be a load of fun (especially when playing with people you know and letting the whole competitive aspect enter the equation), as I believe is the main motivation for others to play it.

Have you actually played the game or are you an outsider looking in?
    I played modern warfare 2 and black ops and got up to 2nd prestige, I read reviews on modern warfare 3 and saw a bunch of gameplay footage same crap for another 60 bucks and all the fans keep paying in. It's turning into shit covered chocolate.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

People sometimes need something to rage at, it just makes you feel better to hit them hard, especially when they feel it. If you don't expel that anger in some way, you'll bottle it and it'll come out where you don't want it, you might not even realize you're acting out on anger. I heard a story once that mentioned a priest that was very kind and loving, always doing kind things. Then when he went to bed, he dreamed of crushing baby chicks in his bear hands.

CoD is great, if you've never played online games before, you get a sense of exhilaration (well, at least I did once). Once enough casual people have played the game, it will become an old sensation and pass on.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

People sometimes need something to rage at, it just makes you feel better to hit them hard, especially when they feel it. If you don't expel that anger in some way, you'll bottle it and it'll come out where you don't want it, you might not even realize you're acting out on anger. I heard a story once that mentioned a priest that was very kind and loving, always doing kind things. Then when he went to bed, he dreamed of crushing baby chicks in his bear hands.

CoD is great, if you've never played online games before, you get a sense of exhilaration (well, at least I did once). Once enough casual people have played the game, it will become an old sensation and pass on.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ISTx

MW3 is nothing different from MW2. I still play it though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Just consider it a map expansion pack that most people will buy.

The thing is, once a new CoD comes out, the old ones get left in the dust for hackers or people who are ridiculously good at that particular version.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Call of Duty may be amazing, but it is only Activision's second biggest franchise. Their biggest franchise is World of Warcraft. And why do people keep paying $15 a month for World of Warcraft? Because it's a heavily social game that is well crafted. And Call of Duty is the same in that respect. Activision has a better idea of what the masses want compared to most game companies.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Modern Warfare 3 hit record sales on the first week of release. The game reached 1 billion in sales in 16 days. The game is just a rehashed version of MW2 so why does it sell so much? this is a serious question.
    It's nothing more than a continuation of story in my opinion, it's like you're playing a movie which didn't surprise me. They built up a lot of story in MW2. BF has always been more tactical in my opinion with a story backdrop.

I appreciate how MW3 did not alter or re invite new controls, it was just an extended MW2. If I have to learn a new stupid set of controls because some over paid reprobate figured it would compensate for something else in the game - BF3 does plenty of that for MW3 and itself.

xNTJ (other type; INTP 88%)
    Extroverted (E) 50%% Introverted (I) 50%%
    Intuitive (N) 90% Sensing (S) 10%
    Thinking (T) 90% Feeling (F) 10%
    Judging (J) 90% Percieving (J) 10%