--- Te

Exclamation Batman 3; The Dark Knight Rises Official Movie Trailer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

It's seriously called "The Dark Knight Rises?" This overuse of the word "rises," "rising," and all other derivatives of the word rise is getting really ridiculous. It's so extremely nerdy (in the bad way) and pathetic. Do movie producers have no creativity left? This is almost as bad of a name as The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Also, another overly-dramatic preview? This is getting absurd.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I agree with this assessment right here.

The highlight was Heinz Field imploding. Not because I'm a Browns fan or that I give a shit about football, but Steelers fans are some of the most annoying sports fans. And sports fans are already highly annoying.

I loved Batman Begins but The Dark Knight was lukewarm at best. Hell, Heath Ledger's acclaimed performance was only acclaimed because he died. No one would've remembered it if he was still alive.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I love Batman Begins best of the two. It's still one of my most favourite movies til this day. The Dark Knight became sturdy and thus understandably a good movie to me once its concept was properly grasped in the end of it.

How ever, as of now I still prefer to watch Batman Begins over The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises looks rather 2 dimensional at first impression on the trailer. It's just a trailer, yes, and not conclusive of the film itself but you know that it compares to The Dark Knight and there may be just a good chance this film fails as it succeeds.

I want it to be the best Batman movie of all time and hope my fears about my impression of the trailer were wrong.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I can't possibly imagine how the pouty cuteness of Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is going to have any chemistry with Nolan's barking Batman.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I loved Batman Begins but The Dark Knight was lukewarm at best. Hell, Heath Ledger's acclaimed performance was only acclaimed because he died. No one would've remembered it if he was still alive.
    Hell no! Heath Ledger's performance was exceptional. I was skeptical when I first heard that he was being cast as the Joker, but his ability to portray that character made Jack Nicholson's Joker look cartoonish in comparison.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sx

I am so fucking excited.
    Batman Begins was amazing and The Dark Knight was one of the best films I've ever seen.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Hell no! Heath Ledger's performance was exceptional. I was skeptical when I first heard that he was being cast as the Joker, but his ability to portray that character made Jack Nicholson's Joker look cartoonish in comparison.
    I thought it was pretty amazing too. I hadn't quite seen something like it before, and it was coupled with the script/characterization twist of the Joker being amoral rather than immoral... he's just out to gum up the status quo and even out the playing field.

It took a lot of guts to dive into the character that deep and breathe and live it.
    He didn't win acclaim just because he happened to die; his portrayal sticks to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I can't possibly imagine how the pouty cuteness of Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is going to have any chemistry with Nolan's barking Batman.
    Well, that's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    It's seriously called "The Dark Knight Rises?" This overuse of the word "rises," "rising," and all other derivatives of the word rise is getting really ridiculous. It's so extremely nerdy (in the bad way) and pathetic. Do movie producers have no creativity left? This is almost as bad of a name as The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
    Title aside, the latter was surprisingly fresh. I expected a total dud, but it was definitely in the upper third of movies that came out this year.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I agree, Heath Ledger's Joker was one of the greatest movie villians of all-time.

This is coming from someone that worships Darth Vader.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Title aside, the latter was surprisingly fresh. I expected a total dud, but it was definitely in the upper third of movies that came out this year.
    Hmm...do you know if it's on Netflix?
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window