• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Batman 3; The Dark Knight Rises Official Movie Trailer

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's seriously called "The Dark Knight Rises?" This overuse of the word "rises," "rising," and all other derivatives of the word rise is getting really ridiculous. It's so extremely nerdy (in the bad way) and pathetic. Do movie producers have no creativity left? This is almost as bad of a name as The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Also, another overly-dramatic preview? This is getting absurd.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with this assessment right here.

The highlight was Heinz Field imploding. Not because I'm a Browns fan or that I give a shit about football, but Steelers fans are some of the most annoying sports fans. And sports fans are already highly annoying.

I loved Batman Begins but The Dark Knight was lukewarm at best. Hell, Heath Ledger's acclaimed performance was only acclaimed because he died. No one would've remembered it if he was still alive.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love Batman Begins best of the two. It's still one of my most favourite movies til this day. The Dark Knight became sturdy and thus understandably a good movie to me once its concept was properly grasped in the end of it.

How ever, as of now I still prefer to watch Batman Begins over The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises looks rather 2 dimensional at first impression on the trailer. It's just a trailer, yes, and not conclusive of the film itself but you know that it compares to The Dark Knight and there may be just a good chance this film fails as it succeeds.

I want it to be the best Batman movie of all time and hope my fears about my impression of the trailer were wrong.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't possibly imagine how the pouty cuteness of Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is going to have any chemistry with Nolan's barking Batman.

E

Epiphany

I loved Batman Begins but The Dark Knight was lukewarm at best. Hell, Heath Ledger's acclaimed performance was only acclaimed because he died. No one would've remembered it if he was still alive.

Hell no! Heath Ledger's performance was exceptional. I was skeptical when I first heard that he was being cast as the Joker, but his ability to portray that character made Jack Nicholson's Joker look cartoonish in comparison.

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am so fucking excited.
Batman Begins was amazing and The Dark Knight was one of the best films I've ever seen.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hell no! Heath Ledger's performance was exceptional. I was skeptical when I first heard that he was being cast as the Joker, but his ability to portray that character made Jack Nicholson's Joker look cartoonish in comparison.

I thought it was pretty amazing too. I hadn't quite seen something like it before, and it was coupled with the script/characterization twist of the Joker being amoral rather than immoral... he's just out to gum up the status quo and even out the playing field.

It took a lot of guts to dive into the character that deep and breathe and live it.
He didn't win acclaim just because he happened to die; his portrayal sticks to you.

I can't possibly imagine how the pouty cuteness of Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is going to have any chemistry with Nolan's barking Batman.

Well, that's an issue.

It's seriously called "The Dark Knight Rises?" This overuse of the word "rises," "rising," and all other derivatives of the word rise is getting really ridiculous. It's so extremely nerdy (in the bad way) and pathetic. Do movie producers have no creativity left? This is almost as bad of a name as The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Title aside, the latter was surprisingly fresh. I expected a total dud, but it was definitely in the upper third of movies that came out this year.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree, Heath Ledger's Joker was one of the greatest movie villians of all-time.

This is coming from someone that worships Darth Vader.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Title aside, the latter was surprisingly fresh. I expected a total dud, but it was definitely in the upper third of movies that came out this year.
Hmm...do you know if it's on Netflix?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm...do you know if it's on Netflix?

I don't think it is yet. It's out for sale in Best Buy, and I've seen it on airline flights recently, but you'll have to search for it on NetFlix, it seems kind of soon for it to come out there.

I'll clarify when I say "upper third" to mean "the bottom end of the lower third" -- I probably won't ever buy the BluRay, but I'm glad I watched it.

Lark

I think this will be a lot of balls.

They have Bane, no longer a Hulk like latino wrestler, with an inexplicable mask (he's no longer a wrestler or addicted to steroid boosters so why the voice or the mask?) employing a mix of Zapatista quips or one liners (yes, literally, the no one cared about how I looked until I put on a mask line is a direct quote) and the whole class war against bruce wayne and co. is totally on message with the bastardised trotskyite pomo attack on any remaining childhood heroes there are.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

They have Bane, no longer a Hulk like latino wrestler, with an inexplicable mask (he's no longer a wrestler or addicted to steroid boosters so why the voice or the mask?) employing a mix of Zapatista quips or one liners (yes, literally, the no one cared about how I looked until I put on a mask line is a direct quote) and the whole class war against bruce wayne and co. is totally on message with the bastardised trotskyite pomo attack on any remaining childhood heroes there are.

Can you lighten up?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One thing I've never understood about movies was why do they insist on getting British actors to play Americans? Why can't they just get American actors to play Americans? Doesn't it save the effort of mimicking accents?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing I've never understood about movies was why do they insist on getting British actors to play Americans? Why can't they just get American actors to play Americans? Doesn't it save the effort of mimicking accents?

Well, it goes the other way too.

There also could be cultural differences that play into things. Actors from different generations and different countries approach their craft differently. Not sure if that is playing into it. But I've noticed a lot of the Inception cast has somehow managed to sneak its way into the upcoming Batman movie.

Yeah. That must be it.

Give it another 20 years and what will happen is that things will swing back the other way. What you constantly seem to read as politicized message is most likely the typical back-and-forth swing of the pendulum used by writers to keep things interesting. For much of the first few decades of the comic industry, heroes were bland, foppy, good-natured boy scouts; now for about 20-30 years, things have gotten dark starting with the most likely candidates (of which Batman was one); when people get bored with that, it'll swing back. Heroes reflect what people need at the time; that's actually a line in The Dark Knight, ironically.

...Don't worry yourself too much, the world will be okay.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The same reason they have white people play Asians, and Chinese actors play Japanese, and Italian-Americans play Mexian-Americans... Yeah, I have no idea why.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The same reason they have white people play Asians, and Chinese actors play Japanese, and Italian-Americans play Mexian-Americans... Yeah, I have no idea why.

But then why don't white people play black people anymore?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But then why don't white people play black people anymore?

Well, mostly because the illusion is ruined as soon as they have to jump. This is a big problem in action films.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude, that's what CG stunt doubles are for!!!

Yeah, but CG characters are so stiff looking, like they're wearing a starched suit for their daughter's cotillion.