MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Hmm...do you know if it's on Netflix?
    I don't think it is yet. It's out for sale in Best Buy, and I've seen it on airline flights recently, but you'll have to search for it on NetFlix, it seems kind of soon for it to come out there.

I'll clarify when I say "upper third" to mean "the bottom end of the lower third" -- I probably won't ever buy the BluRay, but I'm glad I watched it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think this will be a lot of balls.

They have Bane, no longer a Hulk like latino wrestler, with an inexplicable mask (he's no longer a wrestler or addicted to steroid boosters so why the voice or the mask?) employing a mix of Zapatista quips or one liners (yes, literally, the no one cared about how I looked until I put on a mask line is a direct quote) and the whole class war against bruce wayne and co. is totally on message with the bastardised trotskyite pomo attack on any remaining childhood heroes there are.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

They have Bane, no longer a Hulk like latino wrestler, with an inexplicable mask (he's no longer a wrestler or addicted to steroid boosters so why the voice or the mask?) employing a mix of Zapatista quips or one liners (yes, literally, the no one cared about how I looked until I put on a mask line is a direct quote) and the whole class war against bruce wayne and co. is totally on message with the bastardised trotskyite pomo attack on any remaining childhood heroes there are.
    Can you lighten up?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

One thing I've never understood about movies was why do they insist on getting British actors to play Americans? Why can't they just get American actors to play Americans? Doesn't it save the effort of mimicking accents?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    One thing I've never understood about movies was why do they insist on getting British actors to play Americans? Why can't they just get American actors to play Americans? Doesn't it save the effort of mimicking accents?
    Well, it goes the other way too.

There also could be cultural differences that play into things. Actors from different generations and different countries approach their craft differently. Not sure if that is playing into it. But I've noticed a lot of the Inception cast has somehow managed to sneak its way into the upcoming Batman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

Yeah. That must be it.

Give it another 20 years and what will happen is that things will swing back the other way. What you constantly seem to read as politicized message is most likely the typical back-and-forth swing of the pendulum used by writers to keep things interesting. For much of the first few decades of the comic industry, heroes were bland, foppy, good-natured boy scouts; now for about 20-30 years, things have gotten dark starting with the most likely candidates (of which Batman was one); when people get bored with that, it'll swing back. Heroes reflect what people need at the time; that's actually a line in The Dark Knight, ironically.

...Don't worry yourself too much, the world will be okay.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The same reason they have white people play Asians, and Chinese actors play Japanese, and Italian-Americans play Mexian-Americans... Yeah, I have no idea why.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    The same reason they have white people play Asians, and Chinese actors play Japanese, and Italian-Americans play Mexian-Americans... Yeah, I have no idea why.
    But then why don't white people play black people anymore?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

But then why don't white people play black people anymore?
    Well, mostly because the illusion is ruined as soon as they have to jump. This is a big problem in action films.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Well, mostly because the illusion is ruined as soon as they have to jump. This is a big problem in action films.
    Dude, that's what CG stunt doubles are for!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Dude, that's what CG stunt doubles are for!!!
    Yeah, but CG characters are so stiff looking, like they're wearing a starched suit for their daughter's cotillion.