• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Final Act of Living: Reflections of a Longtime Hospice Nurse by Barbara Karnes RN

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
TUNRjI6.jpg

Sil

This is a test.
Emotional Design. Don't remember the author off the top of my head, but I've read this other book. Both are excellent overviews of the psychosocial element of good design.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is it? I've been avoiding watching it because sometimes movies don't do books justice. I should give it a try. I've read the book 4 times now so I'm a little obsessed.

I never read the book but my gf did and we watched the movie last night. She said the movie was pretty good in relation to the book.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Should read Fromm's To Have or To Be or Art of Being if you are interested in that topic

Sounds like good additions to my reading list. This one is very clear and easy. He does advocate religion as a tool for resistance to advertising and consumerism, which some may dislike, but as a believer, I find it helpful....

Lark

Sounds like good additions to my reading list. This one is very clear and easy. He does advocate religion as a tool for resistance to advertising and consumerism, which some may dislike, but as a believer, I find it helpful....

There's another book I got today, Erich Fromm: The courage to be human, author/editor Rainer Funk, who manages Fromm's estate, and its one of the clearer statements of Fromm's humanism I've read.

Fromm was an atheist but totally and utterly enamoured with religion and religious traditions as actually or potentially humanistic and not simply human, all to human legacies. I find it an interesting a provocative perspective, although I dont need to be resigned to naturalism myself, I see nothing to be gained by it and nothing to be lost by super naturalistic thinking as I understand it.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Stoner by John Williams

The Language Construction Kit by Mark Rosenfelder

Write and Revise for Publication: A 6-Month Plan for Crafting an Exceptional Novel and Other Works of Fiction by Jack Smith

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The Light Between Us. A psychic medium/high school English teacher tells her life story.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How To Prove It by Velleman.

Nothing new so far but a decent review of deductive logic and constructing formal proofs for the upcoming classes.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Walden by Henry David Thoreau. Gosh, he rambles so much. Like I get it people are slaves to society. I'm only on page 30, so hopefully it gets better.

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Look what came in the mail today. Since my attention span basically doesn't exist it's gonna be tough to work through this, but I'm still excited.

tumblr_nysesrt9OE1rs91e7o1_540.jpg

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Black Swan by Taleb.

Blurb:

Currently dealing with that awkward feeling from reading a book that mirrors one's own outlook. Feels deceptive but I like Taleb's voice.

Plus, the recursive irony is delightful~