• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Kas

Fabula rasa
Oh, Dostojewski is amazing :)

I just finished reading "Civil Disobedience" - I like it, although I think it's better lecture for the days when one have a lot of work. A lot about overworking society;)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Still going at
the new Harper Lee book.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rereading The Sacred Depths of Nature by Ursula Goodenough, my favorite scientific writer and philosopher-who-isn't-technically-a-philosopher

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

(No, I'm actually not reading it as of right now. But I did see it in a Barnes & Nobles book shop. I would've bought it but I wasn't entirely sure how to implement the words I'd use for the justification of buying it to my mom who was the one buying the books for me so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

But in all seriousness to make up for the shitpost above, I'm actually getting into reading The Phantom of the Opera. I was watching the Royal Albert hall version and it made me cry like the dying walrus I was - and am. Wish I had read the book prior to watching it just because people tend to have shitty expectations of a movie after watching the book but nope. Oh well. But it'll be worth it.

pluviophile

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
NFI
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality By Christopher Ryan, Cacilda Jethá

Kas

Fabula rasa
"El Tunel" by Ernesto Sabado.

This is the first book of this author I got in my hands and I think he is just becoming my second-favourite Latin American author.
The style is really good. Also I already feel a mixture of embarassment and dislike to the main character and the fact that I have so strong emotions after 40 pages means that it's very well written.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hah, just spent an hour reading the Secret Garden. I have to say, I actually really enjoyed the book. The main character, an ISFP, was actually a fairly well developed protagonist. The thing with ISFP characters in stories, is that oftentimes they come across as one sided. This one was actually pretty well written, one dimensional as it is a childrens book, but the book wasn't closed on the depth of her character, it was believable that there could be more there. It was an hour well spent I would say, absorbing something that was actually worthwhile.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor by Jake Tapper.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just finished Every Day I Fight by the late Stuart Scott. I grew up watching this guy on ESPN. So sad when he passed.

Anyway the book is very inspirational. Highly recommend it even if you don't know who he is. You'll be touched.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On Parole by Akira Yoshimura.

It's about a guy

who is on parole.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
B.R. Myers : The cleanest race : how North Koreans see themselves and why it matters

93JC

I finished Michael Crichton's The Lost World last night. I've lost count of how many times I've read it. It was the first adult novel I could call my own, given to me as a gift in 1995 or 1996. It's just a paperback copy, so upon the repeated readings I've subjected it to it's not in very good condition. Still a good book. (Far better than the film adaptation!)