• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm currently reading The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
True accounts of the lives of two men who both lived around the late 19th century. One was the driving force behind the architecture and engineering of the 1983 Chicago World's Fair, the other took the fair as an opportunity to open a hotel just west of it to lure young women in to murder them. The juxtaposition of great human achievement with unbridled evil makes for a really compelling read and it's the first book in the longest time that I actually look forward to reading again when I have to take a break.
devilinwhitecity-716092.jpg

I'm posting the cover design too because I think it's so good. It really evokes the atmosphere within.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm currently reading The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
True accounts of the lives of two men who both lived around the late 19th century. One was the driving force behind the architecture and engineering of the 1983 Chicago World's Fair, the other took the fair as an opportunity to open a hotel just west of it to lure young women in to murder them. The juxtaposition of great human achievement with unbridled evil makes for a really compelling read and it's the first book in the longest time that I actually look forward to reading again when I have to take a break.
devilinwhitecity-716092.jpg

I'm posting the cover design too because I think it's so good. It really evokes the atmosphere within.

I just finished that one in April. Better than expected.

Cerpin_Taxt

MBTI Type
INTP
At the moment I’m progressing through a selection of Beckett novels, re-reading Nietzsche's oeuvre, and studying for Exams.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
The Crossing -- Cormac McCarthy
Chronicles Vol. 1 -- Bob Dylan
Down the River -- Edward Abbey

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
King Leopold's Ghost: A Story of Greed, Terror, and Heroism in Colonial Africa -- Adam Hochschild

Very good book. Obviously grim subject matter, but well written.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I like a good read. Unfortunately, I don't find them that often. I don't like fiction much, so that eliminates half the book store.

sam988

MBTI Type
INTJ
"Principles of Microeconomics" by Joseph E. Stiglitz.

And no i'm not reading it because i have to for college.

Climber07

MBTI Type
Ixxx
The Viking Portable Library: Karl Marx edited by Eugene Kamenka.
The Golden Door: Artists-Immigrants of America, 1876-1976.
The Will to Power by Friedrich Nietzsche translated by Walter Kaufmann and R.J. Hollingdale.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
" Aesop's Fables "

" Good Omens....." by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

" American Gods " by Neil Gaiman

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Tom Clancy-The Bear and The Dragon. Anyone got any other good war/political books to recommend? (Preferably somone who's read a few of Clancy's books to know what I'm looking for).

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
" Good Omens....." by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
Hey! I'm reading that right now, too.

I now have both of my daughters and my husband hooked on Terry Pratchett. :yes:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ