• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Peeta

MBTI Type
INFP
In the middle of
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
wicked.jpg

Started reading (just stopped on page 230 right now :3)
The Hunger Games
HGUS.jpg

Skimming through
Fahrenheit 451
images

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ooooo, i want to get this *adds to reading list*
I also want more objective (well as unbias as poss anyway) books on dylexia.
I have just started reading Magician by Raymond E Feist
I have just finished reading The Quontom Theif by Hannu Rajaniemi and Star of the Sea by Joseph O'Connor
I am still...still...still reading Rubicon, The Romanovs, Don Quixote and Beyond Good and Evil.
I have a few i will start reading soon.....Shipwrecked-On The Top Of The World and Skeletons on the Zahara
Much to read...*wants more*

Pinker85

Ooooo, i want to get this *adds to reading list*
I also want more objective (well as unbias as poss anyway) books on dylexia.
I have just started reading Magician by Raymond E Feist
I have just finished reading The Quontom Theif by Hannu Rajaniemi and Star of the Sea by Joseph O'Connor
I am still...still...still reading Rubicon, The Romanovs, Don Quixote and Beyond Good and Evil.
I have a few i will start reading soon.....Shipwrecked-On The Top Of The World and Skeletons on the Zahara
Much to read...*wants more*

Really great book so far. Highly recommend.

Magician is AWESOME! I love me some Raymond E. Feist.

Am I a huge dork for thinking of the video game Beyond Good and Evil before I think of Nietzsche?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Good God! The Hunger Games books were terrible! I didn't expect much from them to begin with since they're YA and all the teeny-weenies love them, but they managed to fall considerably below my (already adjusted, already low) quality expectations for these kinds of books. Horrendous writing (to speak of technique alone), poor character development, the worst world-building I've ever come across, an ad-hoc, illogical plot (with some crappy, inconsequential romantic arc thrown in), no likeable characters, and just...really substandard story telling.

I mean, I know it's supposed to be kind of sucky by design because YA = semi-literate moron (apparently), but the level of bad going on in these books just genuinely took me by surprise.

I find that after I read this kind of shit, I really can't find it in my heart to agree with the people who claim that, "well, if it gets the kids reading, then it's all good!"

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good God! The Hunger Games books were terrible! I didn't expect much from them to begin with since they're YA and all the teeny-weenies love them, but they managed to fall considerably below my (already adjusted, already low) quality expectations for these kinds of books. Horrendous writing (to speak of technique alone), poor character development, the worst world-building I've ever come across, an ad-hoc, illogical plot (with some crappy, inconsequential romantic arc thrown in), no likeable characters, and just...really substandard story telling.

I mean, I know it's supposed to be kind of sucky by design because YA = semi-literate moron (apparently), but the level of bad going on in these books just genuinely took me by surprise.

I find that after I read this kind of shit, I really can't find it in my heart to agree with the people who claim that, "well, if it gets the kids reading, then it's all good!"

I didn't think they were that bad, I enjoyed them. I wouldn't say it was great literature, but they weren't nearly as bad as you think.

Then again, Stranger in a Strange Land is a classic and I loathe that p.o.s.

S

Sniffles

Beyond Essence: Ernst Troeltsch as Historian and Theorist of Christianity (Harvard Theological Studies)
-Lori K. Pearson

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I just finished Agatha Christie's Murder in Mesopotamia. Ah, how I missed the Dame's books. :)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

I got to page 10 and had to stop. Not sure how you made it through all three.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

Er, it's none of my business, I guess, but... If you dislike YA, why did you choose to read the series? I'm kind of curious...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm in the middle of book #2 and really enjoying it.
To each, their own, I guess...

I was kind of wondering why you actually finished all three books if you thought they sucked so bad, but, hey whatever.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm in the middle of book #2 and really enjoying it.
To each, their own, I guess...

I was kind of wondering why you actually finished all three books if you thought they sucked so bad, but, hey whatever.

How would I have known how bad it was, then? I won't lie, I plow through for the single reason that I can gain credibility enough to rant about how bad it is.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I usually read a dozend things simultaneously and seldom finish any of it. But I am trying to change that habit:

last one finished:

url

about to finish any day now (yes, I'm still on it and won't give up):

The_Brothers_Karamazov.jpg

Up next:

200px-Enchantress_of_florence.jpg