• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John LeCarre...again, 'cause like someone else, I don't have anything new to read either. :dry:

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Ok, I've gotten over my reluctance to pick up another book after having read through His Dark Materials. It helped that my wife started reading the series so now Lyra and Will can live on for a while more as I live the story again through my wife.

The book I've started reading now is Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. So far I'm not impressed. Sure, the story seems to have potential, but his writing style annoys me, and why would a guy who's obviusly writing for nerds and geeks feel the need to explain in minute detail every bit of technology he's writing about. I see the need when describing "futuristic" technology, but he goes into detail about how the internet works, how computers work in binary and how and why 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 and so on are important numbers when dealing with computers etc etc. Booring. Love the protagonist's name though: Hiro Protagonist :D

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Just finished Innocent Mage, by Karen Miller. About to begin Awakened Mage, book two.

Innocent Mage was absolutely awesome.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox, kyaaa, I love it!

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. I haven't read this one in a while.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.
I've recently been trying to read as many classics as humanly possible because I haven't liked many "new" books.

suzyk

MBTI Type
INTP
The Space Between Us- Thrity Umrigar

It's a good book, so I'm rereading it again.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just finish reading "The Music Of Erich Zann"-H.P. Lovecraft

I could see this being a short silent film but the only sound you hear is that of the Viol.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Finishing up Dune (so many NTs!), then I will read HP & the Prizoner of Azkaban (I'm rereading the series :nerd: :D )

nemo

Enneagram
<3
The God of Small Things -- by Arundhati Roy

Johnny Got His Gun -- by Dalton Trumbo

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Letters of Mark Twain
The Outside World-Tova Mirvis
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I need a book to read.

My brain has stopped working. I need stimulation...

For reference, the last thing I read was A Clockwork Orange.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
The Dark Tower by Stephen King

Paradise Lost by John Milton

YES. Both amazing.

Art of War by Sun Tzu

The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli

The Power of Personality in War by Hugo von Freytag-Loringhaven

The quintessiential NTJ pieces.