• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'Neverwhere', Neil Gaiman. I wish I could ditch work and find a fireplace somewhere to read this in front of.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'Azumanga Daioh' - it's nice to have something that can make you laugh when your world feels like its falling apart around you.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"We Band of Angels" and "Snowflower and the Hidden Fan"

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Just finished reading the True Blood series (well, the series that spawned True Blood, anyway) by Charlaine Harris

wildflower

just finished 2 novels: girl in translation and this must be the place. first was good altho a bit depressing at times due to the extreme poverty. second wasn't very good except for a few scenes and i wouldn't really recommend it. i'm getting back into fiction reading after not reading much of it for ages.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm reading responses that people made to this thread.

Oh, books?

Well, for English we just finished reading The Crucible and for a book of choice reading that we do every Friday in English I chose Atlas Shrugged.

And we have four textbooks to read for history, plus we have to read an autobiography of Frederick Douglass that we'll be quizzed about on Monday. Over the summer for history, we had to read Centennial, Chesapeake, and Texas by James A. Michener - I read them all in a week.

I hate reading.

S

SingSmileShine

Lying with Strangers by James Grippando. It's really good! It keeps me on my toes.

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm reading John Dies At The End. I highly recommend it. Very good mixture of horror and comedy, very funny in a strange and sometimes immature way and scary in an existential and eldritch way.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm having trouble putting Divergent by Veronica Roth down. If you like the Hunger Games you should check this one out.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just finished this crazy cool book called 'Between The Strokes of Midnight' by Charles Sheffield. Very big, galactic scale, hard science fiction.

Now reading 'Listen to the Echos, The Ray Bradbury Interviews', Sam Weller. If there ever was an INFP...

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not reading this... yet, but I just read this review and I'm really interested. This might be a good book club read for the forum since it is a collection of short stories and could be discussed more frequently! Plus, I'm a sucker for apocalyptic themes.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Just finished A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L'Engle. Pretty good, but I preferred the writing itself and the concepts developed to the actual characters. :/

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I just finished Tough Guys Don't Dance by Norman Mailer and will soon start reading Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Domino and I are reading "The Tenent of Wildfell Hall" by Anne Bronte. The secondary characters are riveting, especially the heroine's scoundrelly husband.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dracula - Bram Stoker

It's nice to get back to the original after reading things like Hellsing and Rosario+Vampire

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
American gods downloading a dictionary because I do not know what vicisstudes means and if that makes me stupid than I'm stupid