• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Serial Murder - Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives for Investigators and Workplace Violence - Issues in Response.

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
J.L. Mackie - Ethics: Inventing Right and Wrong
Stephen Hawking, Leonard Mlodinow - The Grand Design

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
51RdeBcf0uL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Sword of Honour Trilogy by Evelyn Waugh

Lark

I actually thought it was too short. It's his only book that I have read so far.

I find King is actually hit and miss, although try the changing seasons, shawshank, the body/stand by me, apt pupil, a great trilogy of real life "horror". I also thought the collection of short stories which had the one which they adapted to the ghost story about the room in the hotel (the title is a number which I always get wrong) wasnt bad either.

rav3n

I actually thought it was too short. It's his only book that I have read so far.
Way too wordy for far too little substance. Novels that are long and good are War and Peace, LOTR and a million other well written ones. King's beyond boring.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut.

It's pretty awesome. Kind of sci-fi, kind of philosophy, mostly a lot of fun.

foxonstilts

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
3w8
Character and Neurosis by Claudio Naranjo. It's an Enneagram book.

and

The Human Bone Manual by White and Folkens. It's a bone book. ._.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Two months late, but what did you think of Fingersmith, Orangey? I liked that Sarah Waters tried to tackle the Dickensenian women myth and the empower the two main characters, but I thought her execution was flawed*, and the narrative was too slow (and repetitive).

*constantly victimizing them instead, and the narrative didn't really focus on how they got out of the cycle

OT, currently reading Tale of Kieu by Du Nguyen, "King Lear" (well, more listening) by Shakespeare, and just stared The Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson