• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jack London, The Sea-Wolf.

Great book. I think I underestimated this author.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I recently finished Room by Emma Donoghue. Great book.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
415QjHrXnNL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Pragmatics of Human Communication: A Study of Interractional Patterns, Pathologies, And Paradoxes
Paul Watzlawick, Janet Beavin Bavelas, Don D Jackson

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Incognito: The Secret Life of the Brain. About things in the unconcious. I can't put it down.

A

Anew Leaf

"Just Six Numbers" by Martin Rees. From BN because I am too lazy to think for myself this morning: "The genesis of the universe elegantly explained in a simple theory based on just six numbers by one of the world's most renowned astrophysicists."

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just finished Pattern Recognition by William Gibson. I've talked with people who claim his prose is a bit tiring for them, but I parse it like my native language. I wonder what type he is?

William Gibson is known as a science fiction writer and this both is and isn't science fiction. Usually science fiction takes a technology and kind of extrapolates a situation from it to explore its implications. William Gibson takes the current state of affairs and extrapolates a very science fictiony scenario from it. An internet forum is central to the plot and iNtuition is probably the main character here, so it's pretty damned TypoC relevant.

P

Phantonym

Just started reading Making Money by Terry Pratchett. It's actually my first encounter with Pratchett. How I've managed to evade him is astounding...well, knowing myself...not really. Haven't really formed an opinion on the book yet, I'm only in for a few pages.

Although, I like the main protagonist's name - Moist von Lipwig - it reminds me of Lipton tea bags. Used tea bags. I guess I have formed some kind of an image of him, a tea-baggy image (it makes sense in my head). So, I chuckled when I read a description of him in Wikipedia - "Human with no notable physical traits." Lipton tea bag it is. Used. Parading around in a golden suit. :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
have been reading Letters From the Earth, by Mark Twain and John Dies at the End, by John Wong in my down time at work thanks to the Kindle app on my phone :ninja:

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Now reading Flyboys by James Bradley

Probably one of the best books I've stumbled upon in recent months

Very objective, very philosophical analysis of war and human brutality. It apparently has a plot centered around 9 downed bomber crewmen (George H. W. Bush being one of them) in the Pacific island of Chichi-jima. I'm about 1/3rd through and so far it reads like a fantastic, concise, and compelling history lesson; the story hasn't even begun and I'm already completely enthralled.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Russia House by John Le Carre. I love him!