• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
the one about ancient cults is personal research. I plan on starting a cult one day that doesn't involve human sacrifice or sex with children. gross :(

http://dianaleafechristian.org/creating.html
Intentional communities. I have both of the books from that website and I love them. It's possible to create the world that you want, if you don't try to change the entire world, and just change your own small part of it.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Finished Palahniuk's Fight Club last week. In a word, haunting. Makes me kind of afraid to watch the movie...

Currently reading manga. Just finished Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 4, currently reading Bleach Vol. 3.

Afterwards, I'm gonna start Burgess' A Clockwork Orange. ...Yeah, I'm a weird guy. (^_^')

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Twisted Whiskers solving your cat's behavior problem - Pam Johnson

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I just started:
64-1.jpg

My husband borrowed it from his friend to read, but hasn't gotten around to it yet. I wasn't going to read it but my sister in law said she really liked it.

So far I do, too.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Finished Palahniuk's Fight Club last week. In a word, haunting. Makes me kind of afraid to watch the movie...

(^_^')

The movie isn't as good as the book, but it's pretty darn awesome. You should def. give it a watch. Have you read any other books by Palahniuk?

Currently reading:
Brain%20That%20Changes%20Itself.png

Not as self-helpy as it seems by the cover at all. I had seen this book in the book store and kept wanting to buy it, but i think the cover is deceiving and it held me back (even though i'm lame and enjoy some self-help type books). Then a close friend was telling me about a book he read..so it's borrowed..i think i'd like to buy it for myself tho. Can't stop buying books!

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not as far into this one, as i have a tendency to pick up far too many books at a time, i really need to learn to read one or 2 at a time!
kaku.jpg

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have been reading Bill Bryson. I think he might be an INTP too although some of his humor is a bit creppy/vulgar xsfp manner. This book was pretty good. I didn't care for the beginning but it picked up pretty quickly. Kinda like an "Wonder Years/Stand by Me" childhood autobiography. The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Times-Thunderbolt-Kid-Memoir/dp/076791936X

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
The movie isn't as good as the book, but it's pretty darn awesome. You should def. give it a watch. Have you read any other books by Palahniuk?

No, it was the first. And I think it might be in my sanity's best interest to wait a little before reading any other one. There's a kind of emotionless, crude, raw savagery about the novel. IMO, of course.

On the other hand, I've been fancying reading something by the guy who wrote one of the blurbs in the back, Bret Easton Ellis, though his Wikipedia entry suggests he's a bit of a jerk. But it'll have to wait. Currently finishing A Clockwork Orange, then Toriyama's Dragon Ball Vol. 3. Yay!

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Of Mice And Men, by John Steinbeck. I swear I can't help but picture Michael Clarke Duncan every time Lennie speaks.:cheese:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers by Paul Kennedy.

Best book in historical IR ever. Wish I had found it as a freshman, it surely would've helped.
Strongly recommended.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm reading the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I'm kind of late to get on the bandwagon with this series. I kinda picked it up to see what all the hype was about. People at my library have been requesting this series like crazy. I'm into the first 150 pages or so. So far I'm really enjoying it.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Today I purchased:

(Which the new Anthony Hopkins movie is based off of)
the-rite-the-making-of-a-modern-day-exorcist-21597584.jpeg

&

In-Fifty-Years-Well-All-Be-Chicks-And-Other-Complaints-from-an-Angry-Middle-Aged-White-Guy-B003F3PLOE-L.jpg

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Am finally reading the LORT books, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm finally reading the Twilight series. I'm kinda embarassed to admit that I'm in love with this story.

I'm such an NF. :blush:

I