• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
"The Last Enchantment" by Mary Stewart

I like the whole Merlin/Arthur thing. :)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have about 50 pages left of Iain Banks' Against a Dark Background, then am going to start either his book Matter, or else Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum. Actually as I type this I think I'll go for Eco, as I haven't read anything by him before and I suspect I'm really going to like him.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I just finished reading a book I got for my birthday: The Cat That Went To Paris by Peter Gethers. I liked it.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got lots of books for my b/d. Just finished: The Divided Kingdom by Rupert Thompson.
Sometimes funny. Occasionally brilliant. Often disturbing. I read it in one sitting and it's a long time since I've been absorbed enough by anything to do that. His vision of a dystopian choleric Britain has a horribly familiar feel.
"The new racism is psychological. What's strange is, we seem to need it - to thrive on it. If we don't have someone to despise we haven't properly defined ourselves. Hate gives us hard edges."

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The second of the Stieg Larsson trilogy, The Girl Who Played With Fire. My husband is reading it at the same time, but he's on 2nd shift right now, so I read in bed before he gets home... I haven't caught up with him, but I'm getting there. I won't be able to finish it before I go to Denmark though, and I can't bring it with me!! :(

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Lord of the White Hell (Book One) - Ginn Hale

It's all right so far. I'm about halfway through. It has a very teen fiction vibe that I'm not sure I appreciate.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Lord of the White Hell (Book One) - Ginn Hale

It's all right so far. I'm about halfway through. It has a very teen fiction vibe that I'm not sure I appreciate.

Nicodemus

The second of the Stieg Larsson trilogy, The Girl Who Played With Fire. My husband is reading it at the same time, but he's on 2nd shift right now, so I read in bed before he gets home... I haven't caught up with him, but I'm getting there. I won't be able to finish it before I go to Denmark though, and I can't bring it with me!! :(
I read all three books only because of Lisbeth. Blomkvist does not interest me at all.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^The only remarkable thing about The Millenium trilogy is the marketing campaign.
Lisbeth Salander has all the depth and complexity of Lara Croft.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Narrative of the Life Frederick Douglass
Norton Anthology
The Essential Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers
Civil Disobedience and Other Essays
Bartleby and Benito Cereno
The Road
Aggresion a social learning analysis
The Screenwriter's Bible
Wolverine Limited Issue

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recently started Anna Karenina too. I’m yet to be persuaded by its reputation as the greatest novel ever written. :shrug: I recently re/read Madame Bovary, Wuthering Heights and Tess of the d’Urbervilles so perhaps I’m just weary of the genre. I'm starting to wonder if it's compulsory for any female protagonist with a spark of intellectual or sexual curiosity in 19th century literature to come to a violent end...
I suppose I’d want to kill myself if I lived back then, too.

I'm halfway through Who's Afraid of Charles Darwin? by Griet Vandermassen which thus far is pretty disappointing; and When Nietzsche Wept by Irvin Yalom which, like so many things, is a better idea than it is a novel.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I read all three books only because of Lisbeth. Blomkvist does not interest me at all.
Ha, actually I am the opposite... I don't find Lisbeth terribly interesting, but I like Blomkvist.

They're not high literature or anything, but they're entertaining and help take my mind of stuff at night so I can sleep. Plus, I'm doing reading on complex systems science for class, so I think I've earned a bit of lighter leisure reading!

Mole

Permabanned
Ha, actually I am the opposite... I don't find Lisbeth terribly interesting, but I like Blomkvist.

They're not high literature or anything, but they're entertaining and help take my mind of stuff at night so I can sleep. Plus, I'm doing reading on complex systems science for class, so I think I've earned a bit of lighter leisure reading!

I've seen the movie and its sequel. I felt both movies were terribly stylish but Lisbeth didn't touch my heart.

Do I have a hard heart or am I just difficult to please?

Please tell me, for I don't think I have quite digested either.