• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Still reading Heaven and Hell by Aldous Huxley.

Why do I take so long finishing a book I'm thoroughly enjoying?! I don't know anyone like me when it comes to book...it's such a short book too...I mean, it's not even a proper book! I just stop for a pause...go do other things...and then after a month I still haven't picked it up again. Wtf.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The Human Factor: Inside the CIA's Dysfunctional Intelligence Culture

510Zj4pMWkL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Today I will start with the third "real" book of the Witcher Saga from Andrzej Sapkowski. Don't know the English title because the book wasn't translated yet into English, but in German it is called Feuertaufe and in Polish Chrzest ognia. After I finished it the fourth book comes :p (Der Schwalbenturm / Wieża Jaskółki)

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
A Psychology textbook entitled The Developing Person. Hey, I have kids...gotta brush up on their functioning.

Mole

Permabanned
The Patron Saint of the Internet

I'm reading a new book by the patron saint of the internet, Marshall McLuhan. It's called, "From Cliche to Archetype".

I'm reading it in our National Library, a beautiful Grecian building on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin. But I don't understand it. Nonetheless I love it.

And they tell me the best way to understand something new is to try to explain it to someone else. And you're it. Soon I will try to explain it to you and you too won't be able to understand it.

But it's no good complaining to me. You understand everything else that is written here, so why not have something you don't understand?

Surely having something you don't understand is better than something you do understand.

And as I delve into the cliches and archetypes, I will take the occasional break and sidle over to the computer, and tell you all about it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Robert B Parker - Perish Twice
Wow - you aren't in the land of Harry Reids. You're in the land of Robert B Parkers!!

But speaking of Reids, I'm reading "The United States of Europe" by T.R. Reid. It's required reading for a course I'm taking, but it's really really interesting and doesn't feel like an assignment at all.

N

NPcomplete

I started "Webmage" by Kelly McCullough last night. It's really fascinating and I like the mix of science fiction and fantasy.

Some days ago, I finished 2 Christopher Moore books: "The stupidest angel" and "Dirty job". Both were hilarious and quite clever. I especially liked "Dirty job". The (often morbid) humour was irresistible.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just finished:
SailorGirl.jpg

It was really good!! And it's based on the author's experiences sailing on the Great Lakes. Satisfied my wanderlust a little bit for the time being.

Last night I started The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. My parents and husband both loved the series... I've heard mixed things but I'll give it a try.