• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi
A Fabulous Creature by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
OH! OH! I forgot one!!

Why do men have nipples? by Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg, M.D.
I'm finishing it...

Could you save us the time to read that book and answer the question for us? Why do they?

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
The Wheel of Time book 11. This series was much better when I was 16 and when the author wasn't dead, but it still works.

Conill

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm reading few books right now:

Angel Dust Apocalypse - Totally amazing! bizarro is great genre :wubbie:
The Naked Man, by Desmond Morris
I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You
+ few books from the library

I'm always doing million things at the same time.. but it's just so much fun! :D

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Could you save us the time to read that book and answer the question for us? Why do they?

"Although females have mammary glands, we all start out in a similar way in the embyo. Durring development, the female follows the female tamplate until about six weeks, when the male sex chromosome kicks in for a male embryo."

Sexy, huh?:rolli:

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Lamb - Christopher Moore.

I'm not religious and I'm only through the first chapter but I find it funny as hell :tongue:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I just finished reading "Oryx and Crake" by Margaret Atwood. I tried to read "The Life of Pi" but it's somewhat pendantic and cloying (or maybe I mean annoying) and just not believable. As far as the whole white man writing the voice of an Indian, John Irving did it better in 'Son of the Circus" and that's not even "serious literature"

I might try reading 'The Alchemist' next but I think I'll have the same result. Books on heavy hipster rotation I usually find...annoying.

Yeah, I know that's terribly descriptive.

Self-conscious, overly impressed with itself, overly sentimental.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Mostly ESPN.com and the backs of cereal boxes.

That doesn't count!

If it does, then I count threads in MBTIc, Craigslist effluvia, e-mail, celebrity gossip sites for my hometown, and the occassional trash mag. Today it was "OK!" :dry:

Stop trying to out low-brow me!

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Reading myself. Lots of fun. Crazy, spontaneous pages. Sometimes it's not understandable but I'm trying. Think I might be getting there, catching up now. I sometimes wanna tear myself apart or highlight one thing but it never works out that way as I forget and just keep reading! Grr!

Stupid me! :steam: Wish I were more readable or could remember what occured the last three chapters or even the last paragraph I just finished! :blink:.. :blink:.. :shock:..

Starting Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Thing is, I'm not sure which book is trippier, it or me? :thinking:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I just finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince... so now I will be moving on to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows! Oh boy oh boy oh boy :party2:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Currently:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Dead Father's Club by Matt Haig

Done: Persepolis 2 by Marjane Satrapi
Good Witch of the West (novel) by Noriko Ogiwara
The Magicians of Caprona by Diana Wynne Jones
A Long Way Gone by Ismael Beah
My Legendary Girlfriend by Mike Gayle

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Done reading WOT 11.

Just finished His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. (The Golden Compass etc.)
Loved the trilogy.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Finally got a book. I've gone to Books A Million like 4 times within the past 2 weeks, just looking for something that catches my eye. I don't read all that much but I've been craving a good read. I'm not into fiction, so that narrows my search down a little. Passing through the new age/occult section, I stumbled upon and bought:

9780061132193.jpg

From the back cover:
Will Storr has done some seriously bizarre and other worldly things over the course of his career as a journalist. But even spending the entire day with Ozzy Osbourne wasn't as frightening as when he agreed to follow Philadelphia "demonologist" Lou Gentile on his appointed rounds. Will Storr never believed in ghosts - but his healthy skepticism couldn't explain the strange lights and sounds he witnessed, and the weird behavior of the occupants of several allegedly haunted houses.

What resulted is a confirmed cynic's (and proud of it!) dedicated search for answers in a shadowy world of seances, mediums, devil worshippers - even the Vatican's chief exorcist. So get read to confront the genuinely creepy along with the hilariously ridiculous Will Storr vs. the Supernatural