• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Just finished Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. Very well written and emotionally frank, but kind of depressing at times. Or maybe it's just me. :thinking: Also, Four-ish as hell.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i've actually been using my kindle a lot lately.
not really to read books, but i love it for
catching up on my newspaper and magazine
subscriptions. just simply amazing to have
everything digitized and all in one place.
diggin it.

so i guess i've been reading a lot of op eds.
amazing what people half way across the
world complain about.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I've been rereading the Wheel of Time series. I'm halfway through the third book, The Dragon Reborn.

To be honest, rereading the series makes me impressed with just how much Jordan had planned out since book 1. Very subtle things you wouldn't get your first time reading through.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just finished No Easy Day.

About to start rereading the Wheel of Time series for like the 7th time in preparation for the new book.

Mole

Permabanned
I am reading the poems of Arthur Rimbaud. And I know I can't write like Arthur if I write in the language of common sense, so I need to abandon my common sense and fall in love with the intrinsic beauty of language, just like Arthur.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am reading the poems of Arthur Rimbaud. And I know I can't write like Arthur if I write in the language of common sense, so I need to abandon my common sense and fall in love with the intrinsic beauty of language, just like Arthur.

My INFP friend gave me his well-loved copy of A Season in Hell & Illuminations a few yrs back. Good translation. I recommend it to anyone who likes his work.

file_101.jpg

https://www.boaeditions.org/bookstore/a-season-in-hell.html

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wolves of the Calla (The Dark Tower) by Stephen King. Just as slow of a read as last time, hm.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
umbrella.jpg

A shoo-in for the Booker? Awusha-awusha. It gets my vote.
A-maze-ing.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Noise: The political economy of music - Jacques Attila
The Great Failure - Natalie Goldburg
The Cosmological Eye - Henry Miller

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just finished this:
41gj5fixBJL.jpg

It was kind of dumb. Interesting concept, but not well written.

I'm also reading this:
77shadowstreet.jpg

which is fine but getting a bit dull,

and re-reading this:

28867.jpg