• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Firefox by Craig Thomas. I have not watched the Clint Eastwood movie yet.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reading Greg Bear's Halo Cryptum, atm. I think he's pretty good at provoking imagery, but some of the chapters are a little short

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Off to hide from this heat and curl up with Shōgun.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm reading Under the Dome by Stephen King. I'm getting tired of reading trite folksy colloquialisms, I'll keep slogging through.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm reading the July issue of Psychologies (favorite magazine ever besides gossip mags).

Considering rereading "Perfection". It's about a woman whose husband dies and she only then finds out all about an affair he'd been having. So good.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm on Kite Runner which has been hanging out on my shelf for ages. No, I'm not really going through books this fast I just go through phases on which book I'm wanting to read that day. Kite Runner for the past two days... It's REALLY good!!! I wanted to get into the Chuck Palanhiuk (sp?) stuff eventually soon too. And that Robert Soplowski one about living with baboons.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
Currently in the process of rereading and buying the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, just finished Season of Mists.

Pinker85

The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich Hayek and The Dicktionary. Just getting into studying Austrian economics (you have to say 'austrian economics' with a thick Schwarzenegger accent, everytime). Wow, his name is in the spell checker, that's impressive. Gaddafi is in the spell checker, but not Chirac, that's surprising, he was President of France for 12 years. God, I'm such a deeper thinker. I've decided 'undercarriage snake' is an awesome euphemism for penis.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
Back on a fiction kick again, reading "The Lady of the Rivers" by Philippa Gregory. Quite enjoying it, but it isn't one of her better ones. Doesn't have that rich intricate-tapestry effect of The Other Boleyn Girl or The White Queen.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Halo Primordium by Greg Bears. I was really gonna put this down earlier but got back into it again

viryan23

MBTI Type
INTP
Hi there guys!

I'm interested in reading classics and modern classics from authors like Paulo Coelho and Milan Kundera. Some of my friends also recommended John Green and maybe I'll find time to read the copy of The Fault in our Stars I have here. I recently discovered a new genius I'm going to follow; Italo Calvino. :D

I'd like to share a few titles on my bookshelf that I've reread:

The Historian by Elizabeth Costova
The Lost Diary of Don Juan by Douglas Carlton Abrams
Naked by David Sedaris
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
11 Minutes by Paulo Coelho
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

and a lot more :D

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest Through Bodily Perfection by A.J. Jacobs

G

garbage

The Four Hour Workweek. Basically, a guy freed up a lot of his time and teaches us how to do it, all through the power of "Look at how fuckin' fabulous my life is! I bet that you want this life, too! Here is the very short four-step recipe for success:"

It's a bunch of pretentious horseshit so far, but there are a few salient points in it. I'll probably put it down soon and find something less terrible

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On the most current book in the Dresden Files series. It's a good read, even though Jim Butcher has some annoying appraoches to writing about women. Almost every single female character is either super-model or goddess beautiful. If not, he explicity mentions some sort of inner beauty or bearing that 'makes up for it'.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
The Anatomy of the Nuremberg Trials - Telford Taylor

It's a really good book. =)