• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
John Dies at the End. I understand there is a movie of this book that is seeking distribution. If Bruce Campbell is not in this movie then it is a travesty.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
51DcLbStazL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My favorite story thus far is that of Timur the Lame and the Roaring Camels of Fire!

On this day the army of Sultan Mahmud Khan had prepared 120 war elephants armored with chain mail. He had put poison on the tusks, which put fright into the Tatar lines. Timur took action and the Tatars dug out a trench in front of their positions. Timur then took his camels and placed all the wood and hay he could on their backs. When the war elephants charged he lit the camels on fire and then prodded them with iron sticks. They charged at the elephants howling in pain: Timur had understood that elephants were easily panicked. Faced with the strange spectacle of the burning camels flying straight at them with flames leaping from their backs, the elephants turned around and stampeded back toward their own lines. Timur entered Delhi and the city was sacked, destroyed, and left in ruins. Before the battle for Delhi, Timur executed 100,000 captives

I'm also reading that right now :)

As well as catcher in the rye, again.

And, The Secret Teachings of All Ages

And, The Confessions of a Philosopher

And, another philosophy book I can't remember the name of right now.

And, Warfare in Woods and Forests

And, Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett (Just finished reading the series out loud to my husband. Third time through and my fav books EVER)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The White Devil by Justin Evans

Set at Harrow, an elite boarding school just outside London, its protagonist is an American teen shipped off there as a last resort by his father to shape up. The teen bears an (un)fortunate resemblance to the poet/bad boy Lord Byron, a famous alum of Harrow. Soon a classmate turns up dead, a ghost begins to appear, a literary mystery begins, an alcoholic headmaster tries to dry out, classmates appear to contract a deadly form of tuberculosis, and teenage homosexuality makes an erotic/horrifying appearance along with the ghost (buggery, I think they call it over there). Almost finished with it, so far it's a fun read and has creeped me out a bit at times late at night.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
51Xi0sSrKPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

GET HIS MONEY BEFORE HIS OTHER BABY MAMA DOES: Find out how to: -Prove he's the father of your baby -Track down a deadbeat -Win an increase in your current award -Get money from an unemployed baby daddy -Create an agreement with terms that benefit you -Get other assistance from him along with your child support award

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (how many times am I going to read this book?)

Creative Nature & Outdoor Photography by Brenda Tharp

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am reading the grand tome (ha! the book weighs like 5 pounds)/compilation of Zelazny's Amber series... the epic 1200+ page volume The Great Book of Amber.

Only 70 pages into the first of the books... but it's awesome.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am reading the grand tome (ha! the book weighs like 5 pounds)/compilation of Zelazny's Amber series... the epic 1200+ page volume The Great Book of Amber.

Only 70 pages into the first of the books... but it's awesome.

Ah my husband got that for me for christmas, haven't had a chance to read it yet. :)

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leviathan by Scott Westerfield. Really good for teen fiction, especially if you like the steampunk genre.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. Gives me food for thought. (Pun intended)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Mockingjay-Suzanne Collins

than after I finish that sometime today I'm starting
The Necromancer (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel)-Michael Scott

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Insurgent by Veronica Roth, the second book in the Divergent series. I'm really enjoying this series. If you like the Hunger Games series you might like this one too.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
just finished a fire upon the deep by vernor vinge. i was particularly interested in the concept of the tines' hive intelligence and the principles on which it operates, and i really liked the passages that describe the world as seen from their perspective; few writers seem to explore that type of group consciousness.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Susan Sontag, As Consciousness Is Harnessed to Flesh: Journals and Notebooks, 1964-1980.