• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

kitsune

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
I am reading Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard. An INFP friend recommended it. I like it although it's more somber than I thought it would be.

Meaning

Permabanned
Almost made it through the Art of Learning. Great book. Actually that was a year ago.

I've been dying to read bayesbook, a book about Bayesian Learning.

judidudi

MBTI Type
INFJ
ATM I've got no time to read, but the last book I've finished was A Wild Sheep Chase by H. Murakami. I'm looking forward to read Dansu Dansu Dansu next.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Plenty of time to post though, it seems. I'm going to rechristen it "judiSpy"

I'm pretending to read A Field Guide to Genetic Programming. Programs having sex with other programs to save humans from programming and/or having sex.
Sounds like my kind of thing.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
0102-game-of-thrones_ob.jpg

judidudi

MBTI Type
INFJ
^Plenty of time to post though, it seems. I'm going to rechristen it "judiSpy"

Oh you! You got me.. And by the way, you sound just like my sister. And her name's SalomÄ—ja. Creepy much?
I have to create a special environment for myself, only then I actually enjoy reading. It has to be a late evening, already dark outside, so I could light some candles on or something and make some tea..and then read all night long. :D
I don't wanna be off-topic, so already started reading Dansu Dansu Dansu. Already love it.

So It Goes

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For once, I am not procrastinating.

I am really trying to delve into my school books to understand them in their fullest.

Books I'm reading:

120 Days of Sodom (almost finished)
The Great Gatsby (finished last week)
Against Happiness (half-way through)
How to Interpret Literature (chapter each week)
Critical Theory Today (chapter each week)
The Stranger (haven't started yet)
Existentialism: From Dostoevsky to Sartre (half-way through)
American Psycho (haven't started yet)

Among others...

This will be an interesting semester.

Mr. TickTock

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa.

Its...interesting. Not what I expected. From what I was told I expected the ravings of a mad man. He seems very..peaceful.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Naming Nature: The Clash Between Instinct and Science by Carol Kaesuk Yoon.

dadapolka

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
At the mo A History Of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell. Now I wish I was studying Ancient Greek arghghgh.
Just read The Poisonwood Bible. Very evocative and such beautiful turns of phrase.

[MENTION=14966]Mr. TickTock[/MENTION]: That sounds really interesting.

dadapolka

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=14936]So It Goes[/MENTION]: Ah wow the first one looks great! The whole channel really.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I'm almost finished.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Finally finished Bram Stoker's Dracula. Good god, how long did it take for me to read a single book? I'm losing my edge. :(

The book itself started out suspenseful, but I found it kind of boring for the most part. Anticlimactic, too. :/

For the record, I was reading L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and Isabel Briggs Myers' Gifts Differing before that. I found the latter an useful introduction, but slightly lacking in some aspects.

Now, on to some Agatha Christie to close the summer vacation. :)

Pinker85

The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah. I'm sure everyone has read urban fiction except me by now . . .

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Recently finished "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga. Now starting on "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie.