Socionics
    INT_

War and Peace by Tolstoy.

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Sniffles

Man and Crisis - Josť Ortega y Gasset

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Yunhai, W. (2008). The death penalty and society in contemporary china. Punishment & Society, 10(2), 137-151

Lu, H., & Zhang, L. (2005). Death penalty in china: The law and the practice. Journal of Criminal Justice, 33(4), 367-376.

Ma, Y. (2003). The powers of the police and the rights of suspects under the amended criminal procedure law of china. Policing, 26(3), 490-510.

Wong Kam C. (2001). The philosophy of community policing in china. Police Quarterly, 4(2), 186-214.

Liang, B., Lu, H., & Miethe, T. D. (2006). Sources of variation in pro-death penalty attitudes in china: An exploratory study of chinese students at home and abroad. British Journal of Criminology, 46(1), 119-130.

Yay to essays.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by cogdecree View Post
    Yunhai, W. (2008). The death penalty and society in contemporary china. Punishment & Society, 10(2), 137-151

Lu, H., & Zhang, L. (2005). Death penalty in china: The law and the practice. Journal of Criminal Justice, 33(4), 367-376.

Ma, Y. (2003). The powers of the police and the rights of suspects under the amended criminal procedure law of china. Policing, 26(3), 490-510.

Wong Kam C. (2001). The philosophy of community policing in china. Police Quarterly, 4(2), 186-214.

Liang, B., Lu, H., & Miethe, T. D. (2006). Sources of variation in pro-death penalty attitudes in china: An exploratory study of chinese students at home and abroad. British Journal of Criminology, 46(1), 119-130.

Yay to essays.

Why the interest in the death penalty in China?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Why the interest in the death penalty in China?
    Criminal justice major, I'm working on increasing my knowledge on China at the moment, its more than just the death penalty its the power of the police in China, and how culture and precedents effect law enforcement in China.

I have an essay due soon, and I'm working on systematic and local problems with policing in China, the US, and the EU.

My complete list of is

Romero, M. (2006). Racial profiling and immigration law enforcement: Rounding up of usual suspects in the latino community. Critical Sociology, 32(2-3), 447-473.

Weitzer, R., Tuch, S. A., & Skogan, W. G. (2008). Policeócommunity relations in a majority-black city. Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, 45(4), 398-428.

Amnesty International. (2003). "United states of america: Death by discrimination - the continuing role of race in capital cases."New York: Author.

Vaughan, B., & Kilcommins, S. (2007). The europeanization of human rights: An obstacle to authoritarian policing in ireland? European Journal of Criminology, 4(4), 437-460.

Soeters Joseph, Hofstede Geert, & Van Twuyver. (1995). Culture's consequences and the police: Cross-border cooperation between police forces in germany, belgium and the netherlands. Policing and Society, 5(1), 1-14.

Johnson, P., & Williams, R. (2007). Internationalizing new technologies of crime control: Forensic DNA databasing and data sharing in the european union. Policing & Society, 17(2), 103-118.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by cogdecree View Post
    Criminal justice major, I'm working on increasing my knowledge on China at the moment, its more than just the death penalty its the power of the police in China, and how culture and precedents effect law enforcement in China.

I have an essay due soon, and I'm working on systematic and local problems with policing in China, the US, and the EU.
    Oh well good luck with that. I did studies in Criminal Justice too, I had to do a research paper on various forms of probation across the country and their effectiveness.

See Right Through Me Array Bubbles's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Shakespeare's tragedies~
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm currently reading the Fables series of graphic novels by Bill Willingham. What can I say? Genius.

So far, I'm up to issues 42-47 Arabian Nights (and Days). It's one of those that you never want to end.

Sniffles

On Heroes, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History - Thomas Carlyle