• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
A Reliable Wife, by Robert Goolrick. I belong to a book club and we're having a joint book club meeting with another book club. Today, I picked up the book at the library.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The Pickup Artist: The New and Improved Art of Seduction by Mystery. (Erik von Markovik)

Some gems in this book but not as good as the groundbreaking work of "The Mystery Method: How to get Beautiful Women" (which is more of a culmination of his life's contributions to the pick up game). Nevertheless the gems are not semiprecious rather very valuable if used at the right time and right place (and how many other books get you laid?)

As far as the craft, Mystery is the best. He is also well adept at explaining his craft in a entertaining and understandable manner. He however is no biographer/autobiographer/story teller that Neil Strauss/Style is (whose book The Game was essentially a biography of Mystery for a couple years). In other words at parts of the Pickup Artist it is as if Mystery attempts to write like Style did in The Game and here the book falls flat on its face and exposes such additional biographical material for what it is; fluff and filler.

Regardless if you like playing the pick up game and/or if you liked "The Mystery Method: How to get Beautiful Women" then you you will enjoy this book.

I wanted to give the book an 8 but because the abundance of filler and a fair amount of repetition from his other works give the book a 7.5/10. Nevertheless a must read for the aspiring or aficionado male pickup artist/seducer or social dynamic psych student.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
oh been on holiday this week so read lots....

Angles gate (sequil to Shadows of the Wind) - Carlos Ruiz Zafon both fab reads

The male brain
The Female brain both by Louann Brizedine (quick read as half the book is notes).

I may also finish 50 psycologiclal idea (which I started weeks ago).

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
world-war-z.jpg

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Currently reading "Horus Rising", first in the Horus Heresy trilogy from warhammer 40,000 <3

The writing style has some issues with it, it's not the best book I've ever read, but it's not bad, and it's pretty hard to screw up the rich back history available, so whotever XD

At 417 pages for the first book, and two more to go, it should keep me busy on those hour long bus rides to and from school for a little while at least.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Finished The Time-Traveler's Wife (...eh), now reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Heaven and Hell by Aldous Huxley

Why do I stop midway short books that I'm loving to read....it's been more than 3 weeks now. I like reading, but it seems I have to be in the absolute perfect "reading mood".

And starting to read some book by Richard Bandler. The guy seems like a poser, but I want to read about NLP.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I just ordered three new books from England, they should be here in few days... However, I'm reading "Skammerens Datter" by a Danish writer.. ^^