• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Currently reading Personality Type: An Owners Manual by Lenore Thomson. Really great book.

Masoch

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm on my second reading of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Historical fiction at its best.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just finished Albert Camus' The Stranger and really liked it.

Thank you for recommending it marmelade.

Started reading Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
The Celestine Prophecy, w/ The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide -James Redfield.
1984 -George Orwell
The Burning Mountain -Alfred Coppel

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wayne Hughes, Fleet Tactics. Theory and Practice.
Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy.
Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Les Misérables, volume 1 - Victor Hugo
Priestess of the White - Trudi Canavan
I'm not crazy, I'm just not you (the real meaning of the 16 personality types) - Pearman and Albritton

Lark

Only just found this section, I'm reading the following books:

The Mammoth Book of Zombi Comics (super find randomly in bargain book shop day before yesterday)

Chase by Dean Koontz, really liking this too.

Bushido: The Soul of Japan, liking this book the best actually and almost finished it.

Children of the night by Dan Simmons, like this too and have two other Simmons books for after Summer of Night and The Hollow Man.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isak Dinesen Seven Gothic Tales
Annie Proulx Close Range: Wyoming Stories

Windigo

I'm on my second reading of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Historical fiction at its best.

Sounds fascinating . . . who's the author?

Warrior Women Jeannine Davis-Kimball, Ph.D. A fascinating look into the mummified remains of Sarmatian warrior priestess of Kazakhstan and their link to the the Amazon legends, the witches of eastern Europe and modern day Mongols. (almost finished)
[ O Jerusalem! Larry Collins and Dominique La Pierre
An indepth look at the historical Jewish/Arab conflict in Jerusalem immediately following the state of Israel's recognition by the UN starting in November 1947 and ending July 1948. A slow read, I really have to ponder the vast quantities of information and personalities. ( 1/4 way through)

Reading and Writing Along the Borderlands by Michael Chabon
An amusing and insightful study of reading and writing and the nature of the novel as "entertainment" verses "art." A must read for any author of fiction or student of literature. (half-way)

[What Color is Your Parachute? 2010 Richard N. Bolles (Just started yesterday)

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Latest round...

The Trouble With Physics by Lee Smolin
Leisure: The Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper
Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn
Moral Minds by Marc Hauser

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was reading some HP Lovecraft but I never finished it. And the books before that I never finished. How do you guys actually finish a novel? Is that possible?

actually, I read the entire Icewind Dale trilogy in 2005-2006. Took me nearly a year but I did it. I read a lot of it when I was on the road long distances though.

Can't sit still with a book at home without getting bored and wandering off.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I was reading some HP Lovecraft but I never finished it. And the books before that I never finished. How do you guys actually finish a novel? Is that possible?

actually, I read the entire Icewind Dale trilogy in 2005-2006. Took me nearly a year but I did it. I read a lot of it when I was on the road long distances though.

Can't sit still with a book at home without getting bored and wandering off.

Try non-fiction, I've tried to read Lord of The Rings several times but can never get past the first half of the first book, but can read science/philosophy forever.

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Third installment of the legend of Drizzt by R.A. Salvatore.

S

Sniffles

Mostly just glancing through the Osprey books I bought yesterday concerning 18th century armies.