• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Yunhai, W. (2008). The death penalty and society in contemporary china. Punishment & Society, 10(2), 137-151

Lu, H., & Zhang, L. (2005). Death penalty in china: The law and the practice. Journal of Criminal Justice, 33(4), 367-376.

Ma, Y. (2003). The powers of the police and the rights of suspects under the amended criminal procedure law of china. Policing, 26(3), 490-510.

Wong Kam C. (2001). The philosophy of community policing in china. Police Quarterly, 4(2), 186-214.

Liang, B., Lu, H., & Miethe, T. D. (2006). Sources of variation in pro-death penalty attitudes in china: An exploratory study of chinese students at home and abroad. British Journal of Criminology, 46(1), 119-130.

Yay to essays.

S

Sniffles

Yunhai, W. (2008). The death penalty and society in contemporary china. Punishment & Society, 10(2), 137-151

Lu, H., & Zhang, L. (2005). Death penalty in china: The law and the practice. Journal of Criminal Justice, 33(4), 367-376.

Ma, Y. (2003). The powers of the police and the rights of suspects under the amended criminal procedure law of china. Policing, 26(3), 490-510.

Wong Kam C. (2001). The philosophy of community policing in china. Police Quarterly, 4(2), 186-214.

Liang, B., Lu, H., & Miethe, T. D. (2006). Sources of variation in pro-death penalty attitudes in china: An exploratory study of chinese students at home and abroad. British Journal of Criminology, 46(1), 119-130.

Yay to essays.

Why the interest in the death penalty in China?

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Why the interest in the death penalty in China?

Criminal justice major, I'm working on increasing my knowledge on China at the moment, its more than just the death penalty its the power of the police in China, and how culture and precedents effect law enforcement in China.

I have an essay due soon, and I'm working on systematic and local problems with policing in China, the US, and the EU.

My complete list of is

Romero, M. (2006). Racial profiling and immigration law enforcement: Rounding up of usual suspects in the latino community. Critical Sociology, 32(2-3), 447-473.

Weitzer, R., Tuch, S. A., & Skogan, W. G. (2008). Police—community relations in a majority-black city. Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, 45(4), 398-428.

Amnesty International. (2003). "United states of america: Death by discrimination - the continuing role of race in capital cases."New York: Author.

Vaughan, B., & Kilcommins, S. (2007). The europeanization of human rights: An obstacle to authoritarian policing in ireland? European Journal of Criminology, 4(4), 437-460.

Soeters Joseph, Hofstede Geert, & Van Twuyver. (1995). Culture's consequences and the police: Cross-border cooperation between police forces in germany, belgium and the netherlands. Policing and Society, 5(1), 1-14.

Johnson, P., & Williams, R. (2007). Internationalizing new technologies of crime control: Forensic DNA databasing and data sharing in the european union. Policing & Society, 17(2), 103-118.

S

Sniffles

Criminal justice major, I'm working on increasing my knowledge on China at the moment, its more than just the death penalty its the power of the police in China, and how culture and precedents effect law enforcement in China.

I have an essay due soon, and I'm working on systematic and local problems with policing in China, the US, and the EU.

Oh well good luck with that. I did studies in Criminal Justice too, I had to do a research paper on various forms of probation across the country and their effectiveness.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm currently reading the Fables series of graphic novels by Bill Willingham. What can I say? Genius.

So far, I'm up to issues 42-47 Arabian Nights (and Days). It's one of those that you never want to end.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm reading The Grapes of Wrath. To be honest, it's kind of boring so far. (I'm 23 pages in.)

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Les Miserables and Gulliver's Travels. Hugo is unnecessarily descriptive. Swift just takes forever to say anything in general. Someone give me a novella for the love of god...

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I just read Clockers Richard Price for a class and it was really good, you should read it.
Price is a real pro, especially with regard to realistic dialogue. I plan on reading everything he's written. "Clockers" was my first experience of him, too. Then I read "Samaritan", which I also recommend. Haven't started his latest yet.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
On Heroes, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History - Thomas Carlyle

How did you choose this? Do you recommend?

Reading:
The Republic of Pirates: Being the true and surprising story of the Caribbean pirates and the man who brought them down by Colin Woodard
Six Easy Pieces by Walter Mosley

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Price is a real pro, especially with regard to realistic dialogue. I plan on reading everything he's written. "Clockers" was my first experience of him, too. Then I read "Samaritan", which I also recommend. Haven't started his latest yet.

The class I readClockers for was Dialects and Fiction Writing

but I do plan to read more of Price, though I don't know when because I still have David Sedaris on my shelf which I've been meaning to read for years, and I just ordered The Nimrod Flipout-Etgar Keret (I read an excerpt from it for a class and "The Veldt" Ray Bradbury (Which I've already read, but its one of my, not my favorite short story)

oh and I want to also get around to reading Catch 22, why can't I just be like read a book then decide what to read next instense of having a whole list of books I want to read?

ooh and Choke-Chuck Palahniuk

sorry my room mate convinced me to start drinking at 3 pm

Friend

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Believe it or not, YES MAN is a fantastic book. I am speaking of the book that was later drafted into a screen play and made into a Jim Carrey movie. The book and the movie are two separate things. The book still retains all it's credibility in my opinion. You will be glad you read it!

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Reading "Dark Star" at the moment.