User Tag List

Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210
Results 2,091 to 2,098 of 2098

Thread: What'cha Reading?

The girl on the train- I am so so so close to finishing it too- so close. then im going to want to see the movie though so I mean- what a bucket of worms. Its an interesting enough book though.

I'm reading Frankenstein Unbound, I like it, its a lot better than Dracula Unbound, I'm also reading a book called Towards A Human Science, which has only had one essay which I disliked in it so far, its a book which examines the relevance of erich fromm to today.

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    638 sp/so

Miss Peregrine's Home of Peculiar Children

I heard it was different than the movie. Most people say the book is better, but one person told me that it was worse lol I'm going to give it a try because I really liked the characters in the movie. Either way the physical book is beautiful.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

4 so/sp

I am in book 7 of the Outlander series, am 87% done with Proust's 'In Search of Lost Time' (about 2 years later! lol. But I shall prevail! (actually I really like it, I just have to read it in small doses)), and am now in book 2 of Brandon Sanderson's 'Mistborn' series - very fun fantasy.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

I read Call the Midwife: A True Story of the East End in the 1950s by Jennifer Worth and now I can't buy here 2 other books of the trilogy and I really want to read them... Maybe I will order them from uk.

Anyway I recommend! Cute, sad, funny. Maybe that's a slightly spiritual midwife version of James Herriot vet series.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Junior Member Array

The Watchmaker of Filigree Street - a wonderful tale about a telegraphy clerk in Victorian area London who finds an intricately designed pocket watch on his bed that proceeds to save his life when an explosion goes off in the city. The protagonist then meets the maker of said watch along with a female physics student from Oxford, and they have to face more than just explosions and impending marriage together. Amazing so far!

Ƙιηg σf Lσνє Lινє Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar

Don't make fun of me... I'm reading that five nights at freddys book. It's not bad so far.
    mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    save me from the things i see
    i can keep it from the world
    why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

937 sp/sx

A few short stories by James Baldwin ("Sonny's Blues", "Going to Meet the Man", and "The Outing), all of which I enjoyed and highly recommend to anyone looking for some good short stories to read. I was impressed by the level of thematic depth/complexity, as well as how nuanced and real the characters are. My favorite story was "Sonny's Blues", which is a Kunstlerroman about a former heroin addict struggling to stay clean who finds himself (and a kind of surrogate family of other musicians) through following his passion for playing music.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse