Page 194 of 214 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2135

Thread: What'cha Reading?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    I'm literally just about to read The Stranger. )does the fact that you're rereading it means it's good?
    i am a biased, shamless camus fanboy and the myth of sisyphus + the stranger are the two books that single handedly made me so.

The stranger is an interesting narrative that encapsulates a lot of existential concepts camus is known for which is elaborated on in the other book i mentioned. once you start and when i'm sober i'd love to talk more about it!
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

Dope& diamonds. Array Dyslexxie's Avatar

The Bones of You. Can't remember the author. It's not very memorable (details about the book I mean).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle. It's good, and the MC might be an INFP.
    Beauty by Hubert & Kerascoët. Just started this.

The Irresistible Novel by Jeff Gerke. Meh. It's average for a book on writing. I wouldn't recommend it.

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    i am a biased, shamless camus fanboy and the myth of sisyphus + the stranger are the two books that single handedly made me so.

The stranger is an interesting narrative that encapsulates a lot of existential concepts camus is known for which is elaborated on in the other book i mentioned. once you start and when i'm sober i'd love to talk more about it!
    I finished reading it. At first I thought it was boring and stupid, but it got really interesting after part 2.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Brain Maker by Dr. David Perlmutter, neurologist and author of Grain Brain.

Really interesting stuff on the role of the gut in general health and mental health.

Elective Cesarean delivery and formula are really bad for children.... They don't develop the proper gut microbes...

Sugars in general and carbs are so bad.... The modern American diet is killing us and the pharmaceutical industry isn't the solution it would have us believe...

Oh, and obesity isn't about willpower but having the wrong mix of bacteria in the gut.... And too much antibiotic use....

Could it be that much of illness in America is related to our crappy diets and high fructose corn syrup?

Interesting stuff.... need to do a radical change in the family menu.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The Irresistible Novel by Jeff Gerke. Meh. It's average for a book on writing. I wouldn't recommend it.
    Can't say I've read any of Jeff Gerke's novels, but his 'Plot versus Character' is really good and useful.

As to what I am currently reading:

'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu. Translation by Thomas Cleary.

Really enjoy this book. A lot of that has to do with all the added commentary from ancient Chinese leaders, and their own interpretations of Sun Tzu's statements.

'Herding Dogs: Progressive Training' by Vergil S. Holland

A Christmas present from a close friend. Very useful as far as I've seen. Hopefully, it will come to use one day. (:

'The Darkness That Comes Before' by R. Scott Bakker

Bought this book because I was looking for really, really dark Fantasy, but I am not far enough in yet to determine whether or not it is dark enough. Anyone read it? Thoughts?

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Fastest Things on Wings: Rescuing Hummingbirds in Hollywood. Very fascinating account of a hummingbird rescuer in Hollywood. Did you know that hummingbirds will stab other hummingbirds through their hearts to defend turf or that you have to change the sugar water in the feeder every 3 days? If you like those little birds, you'll love this book.
    It's important to thumbs down all your favorite Youtube videos. You don't want these artists to get big heads and start producing subpar material.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Currently -- The Waves, Virginia Woolf. So far her writing has bewitched me. I also finished Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet and Rigg's Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, I highly recommend both. Wonderfully written.
    "I ache, brilliantly." tumblr | instagram

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Mila 2.0 Renegade by Debra Driza

The writing is very casual which can be quite charming, but it doesn't always flow.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

some crazy ol' Chick Tracts about Jesus & dinosaurs littering the sidewalk lol
    *Not to be confused with the other Frosty formerly known as Frosty (until further notice)