User Tag List

Page 180 of 214 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2134

Thread: What'cha Reading?

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

The Green Mile by Stephen King
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Letters from a Skeptic
    4w5-9w1-5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post
    I hope you enjoy this. It's my favourite novel.
    Yes I enjoy it.

Creation of characters is unusual. At the beginning they are like simple sketches( only most characteristic traits), but then as plot progresses they are filled with motives and then suddenly we have the real people (hope you know what I mean)

I also like how blankly honest is Kundera when he asks whether the authors could only write about themselves and says that his characters are the versions of himself that crossed the line he never crossed. Interesting idea.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

I'm listening to an audio book on youtube. This will be my 3rd go round The implications are so far ranging and complex while simultaneously encompassing that it leaves my imagination stunned with all the possibilities to consider (hence 3rd). It's quite the paradigm shift to my worldview in many regards.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Stalled out on Boswell's Life of Johnson around page 120 in my edition...a couple of months ago.
    Reading Marcel Proust In Search of Lost Time (Vol. 1, Swann's Way) in translation...never gonna make it before it's due at the library again.
    Also reading (and will finish easily) QB VII by Leon Uris.

Trying to track down Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of The Wind, and the Pern science fiction novels (would like to read them in order, the first ones are not at the library, I may have to try Half Price Books...)
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Found this sort of on accident at Powell's.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Octopuses are not my only obsession; I absolutely love ravens and crows.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Found this sort of on accident at Powell's.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Octopuses are not my only obsession; I absolutely love ravens and crows.
    Nevermore.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Nevermore.
    Not the least obeisance made he, not a minute stopped or stayed he, but with mien of lord or lady perched above my chamber door. Little jerk.

I used to have a recording of Basil Rathbone reading that poem. It was pretty cool. I wonder what happened to it.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes grey_beard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Not the least obeisance made he, not a minute stopped or stayed he, but with mien of lord or lady perched above my chamber door. Little jerk.

I used to have a recording of Basil Rathbone reading that poem. It was pretty cool. I wonder what happened to it.
    on the epithet "little jerk".

Reminds me of this:

...except that, right after Gandalf knocks Denethor down, he should look down at him, and mutter, "Asshole."

MBTI
    :}

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I was a bit nervous to read this one because of how much I enjoyed Gone Girl, but so far it has been alright. It is a book though that is going to take me a while to read, because I keep getting sucked into what the author is trying to say and how shes says it that causes me to detatch from the book and forget to move forward. I think only the best sort of authors are able to do that though.