User Tag List

Page 172 of 214 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2134

Thread: What'cha Reading?

my dear Mole, some automaton (or close facsimile of) has seen fit to "housekeep" our conversation to some oblivion, where our correspondence "will be lost in time, like tears ... in ... rain". How tedious.

my dear Mole, motherwell continues, interleved with somewhat lighter moments from galapagos (vonnegut), the dying animal (roth), the unnatural history of the sea (roberts), oxford figures (fauvel), the last ape standing (walter) ... and you?

Into the Cool ... (Sagan)

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st-t-toat View Post
    my dear Mole, some automaton (or close facsimile of) has seen fit to "housekeep" our conversation to some oblivion, where our correspondence "will be lost in time, like tears ... in ... rain". How tedious.
    Yes, Mr St-t-toat, I have been approached by a founder and moderator of Typology Central, named Jennifer, who has asking me if you are a dupe of me. In other words am I egregiously breaking the rules by having two accounts on Typology Central?

I have denied the imputation and given Jennifer some small information about you, and suggested Jennifer contact you for confirmation.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

my dear Mole, i suspect friend Motherwell may enlighten you far more directly when you stand before his works, some of which are currently on display ...
    Yes, I spent a little time in our beautiful National Gallery by the lake and noticed that Motherwell is on display. So I have made a date with myself to go back and see Motherwell's work in the flesh, so to speak.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

my dear Mole, motherwell continues, interleved with somewhat lighter moments from galapagos (vonnegut), the dying animal (roth), the unnatural history of the sea (roberts), oxford figures (fauvel), the last ape standing (walter) ... and you?
    As you are a prodigious reader, Mr St-t-toat, I feel you have much to offer us.

You might guide our reading into interesting byways. You might even give us your opinion of certain books. And indeed, having read so much, you might give us a comparative opinion of literature. At your discretion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    ... asking me if you are a dupe of me. ...
    a dupe?

a ... DUPE!

enlighten me my dear Mole ...

a st-t-oat a dupe OF a ... Mole, as in ... duplicate? or ...

a st-t-oat FOR a ... Mole, as in, well, ... a sucker, a stooge, a sitting duck, a fall guy, perhaps even ... a pigeon, a patsy, or even a ...a schlemiel?

either way, one's mind quite simply ... boggles!

... I have denied the imputation ...
    as you should my dear Mole, as you ... SHOULD!

... given Jennifer some small information about you ...
    oh dear, oh dear! i do hope, dear Mole, you have been conservative? i do have the rebellion to consider, you know!

... and suggested Jennifer contact you for confirmation.
    of course, of course, my dear Mole, do send the dear young thing to me, at once!

So I have made a date with myself to go back and see Motherwell's work in the flesh, so to speak.

splendid, my dear Mole, absolutely ... splendid! you will enjoy it immensely, i am quite sure; i had a private viewing, so i am unable to aprise you of ... crowds?

As you are a prodigious reader, Mr St-t-toat, I feel you have much to offer us. You might guide our reading into interesting byways. You might even give us your opinion of certain books. And indeed, having read so much, you might give us a comparative opinion of literature. At your discretion of course.
    i shall try my dear Mole but i fear you should be disappointed; most comes from curiosity and a love of books than from scholarship; and you understand, dear Mole, st-t-toats abhor comparisons - we suffer them so very often!

galapagos (vonnegut) - the ultimate genetic bottleneck and the book darwin wished he had written and in some v close parallel universe may well have done so?