• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I just finished The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. It was pretty good. Before that I read Uprooted by Naomi Novik which I adored! :wubbie::wubbie:

Next up is The House of Velvet and Glass.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Intimations by Zadie Smith

I'm also trying to read The Pearl that Broke Its Shell for my bookclub, but I can't get into it

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm re-reading my favourite series: The Prince of Nothing by R. Scott Bakker.
Think post apocalyptic in the historic past with magic and ugly violence, a coming of jesus/siddhartha-esque character that takes hold of people through analysing their faces.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am definitely risking the 'rona for Dune in IMAX.
That sounds amazing (and also potentially less 'rony at a matinee)! I might do the same in the event of lower covid rates.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
That sounds amazing (and also potentially less 'rony at a matinee)! I might do the same in the event of lower covid rates.
Thankfully in Toronto we have extremely high vaccination, low COVID cases, and an incredible IMAX theater.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Nightmare Scenario: Inside the Trump Administration's Response to the Pandemic That Changed History" by Yasmeen Abutaleb and Damian Paletta.

Very well written, but the subject matter is...rough

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Harlem Shuffle" by Colson Whitehead. Wildly entertaining so far.

fatgurl

ARMY
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
A wattpad book actually. It's called the Faerie Guardian. It's a fantasy book and has been really interesting so far. I love any book about fairies.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Rage of Innocence: How America Criminalizes Black Youth by Kristin Henning

Typeset In The Future: Typography and Design in Science Fiction Movies by Dave Addey

D&D Player’s Handbook

Last edited:

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Continuing to read my collection of Sherlock Holmes stories

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carre

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

It arrived a couple days ago. I'd been waiting two years since reading Fire and Fortitude. I'm 60 pages in and just finished the chapter about the 7th Infantry Division at Kwajalein.

The third book will cover the last several months of combat plus how the world was shaped by the immediate aftermath and the continuation of the Chinese civil war. I'd don't know how long I'll have to wait for that final volume, but I imagine it will be about as big as the first two (640 and 656 pages respectively).

jacky45

I am reading How To Get to the Top of Google by Mr. Tim Kitchen. This is a very comprehensive book and every SEO should follow the techniques that are shared in this book. What most people don't understand is that once you know what to do, it's actually extremely straightforward to rank highly in Google. But there's a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding out there, and many businesses feel that they don’t have the time or expertise.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes yesterday (the fourth Hunger Games book) and finished it before bed.

It was pretty readable, although I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. Much of it does cover the the 10th Hunger Games event, and it's interesting looking at how things changed between that event and the events of the trilogy, which was based around the 74th and 75th event. I think another interesting aspect was how after the first war that Capitol (aside from the richest people in the city) were also struggling with poverty and hunger, including the Snow family. War affects everyone, not just the losing side.

There were some other issues, though:

Last edited: