• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't misspell, by the way; that's not why you weren't notifed. I'm aterrific speller

it's the belluminati

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm reading The Room Where It Happened - A White House Memoir. It's not a light read. 500 pages of dense detail on all these things John Bolton was involved in. He's definitely a smart guy though unchecked I would imagine he could contribute to the start of a war. He basically seems to feel that Trump is unfit for office. It has to do with a lack of judgment due to a lack of experience, a lack of interest in learning and being informed, poor decision making skills, and the narcissism thing.

Lark

I'm reading The Room Where It Happened - A White House Memoir. It's not a light read. 500 pages of dense detail on all these things John Bolton was involved in. He's definitely a smart guy though unchecked I would imagine he could contribute to the start of a war. He basically seems to feel that Trump is unfit for office. It has to do with a lack of judgment due to a lack of experience, a lack of interest in learning and being informed, poor decision making skills, and the narcissism thing.

Start of a war with who? Internal to the US or with a rival super power?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Data Privacy for the Smart Grid. It's a real thriller for sure:D

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Georges Bataille, Inner Experience:

"If I said decisively, “I have seen God,” that which I see would change. Instead of the inconceivable unknown—wildly free before me, leaving me wild and free before it—there would be a dead object and the thing of the theologian, to which the unknown would be subjugated."

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
22473._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

512gqSa5NxL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Lark

I found a store of real old Dennis Wheatley and Michael Moorcock books I'm pretty sure I got in a clearance of the UK Anarchist second hand bookshop Freedom Press one time.

They are falling apart some of them, not decided if I'll keep them or not but I'm going to read them one last time at least.

Storm Bringer, Elric of Melnaborn and The Rituals of Infinity are the Moorcock ones, last of his I read I didnt mind it but I did think it was a terrible book about a week after I'd read it, like the worst juvenile writing, so I'm praying that the others are better, they are acclaimed as classics so we'll see. To be honest I read the other one as it was supposed to have some connection with the fighting video game Eternal Champion, I'm dubious if this was ever the case now.

Pinker85

Thomas Schelling - Arms and Influence, primarily analyzes dynamics of war in terms of game theory but it's pretty much applicable to anything.

"Information warfare campaigns of this kind—combining data stolen from cyber-attacks with propaganda modified for a world scornful of facts—are here to stay. We are standing at the precipice of a new era of strategic competition. Unfortunately, the strategist best suited to guide us in this new world died on December 16, 2016. Nobel laureate Thomas Schelling’s seminal work on strategy and bargaining theory provide a language to understand modern information warfare. In Schelling’s writings, we find a logic of coercion that can help us understand the changing character of cyber conflict."

From Arms and Influence to Data and Manipulation: What Can Thomas Schelling Tell Us About Cyber Coercion? - Lawfare

Pinker85

The Simple Faith of Mr Rogers: Spiritual Insights from the World's Most Beloved Neighbor by Amy Hollingsworth

I'd always viewed Mr Rogers as a little cheesy tbh, wasn't really my thing. Then during a really low period of my life I heard him sing "It's You I like" and even now when I hear this song I cry because I recall what it feels like to feel so unsafe to be yourself, it makes me think of every single little girl struggling against the norms of her society and community to continue to improve her life and continue with her education. It's hard for a lot of people to understand what it is like to grow up in neighborhoods where as a woman you are punished for pursuing masculine subjects and the pressure to be "feminine" that a lot of girls grow up with. Hearing this song gave me strength to know that I didn't have to just lay down and die overcome by the men around me, that Mr. Rogers was saying that it was me he liked, it was OK to be me.

Pinker85

https://scottbarrykaufman.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Scott-Barry-Kaufman-FINAL.pdf

: This chapter traces the development of my thinking of the nature of human
intelligence, from my early childhood experiences in special education to my scientific
investigations of the boundary conditions of general cognitive ability, to the formulation of my
Dual-Process Theory and Theory of Personal Intelligence, to my encounter with positive
psychology. This chapter is a call to shift the perspective on intelligence from an individual differences approach to one that recognizes the whole person. The goal of this approach is to
reduce the number of children who fall between the cracks in an educational system that focuses
so much on the results of standardized tests and IQ tests as the measure of an individual’s
intellectual and creative potential. I discuss the reasons why a broader, more personal perspective
on intelligence is required to help all children live a meaningful life, and argue for greater
integration with the fields of developmental and positive psychology

yubitzu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i started reading winnie the pooh books for the first time ,it's very comfy

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Emma, Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion -- all by Jane Austen.
Jane Austen: A Life -- David Nokes.
Jane Austen: Her Life -- Park Honan.
Jane Austen -- Tony Tanner.
Beyond IQ: A Triarchic Theory of Intelligence -- Robert J. Sternberg.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exit West by Mohsin Hamid

My last few reads:
Open Veins of Latin America by Eduardo Galeano
Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson