• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Haroun and the Sea of Stories" by Salman Rushdie.

It's fun and cute - reminds me of "The Phantom Tollbooth".

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
9780062565419_p0_v3_s1200x630.jpg

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is this any good?

I havent read CS Lewis' fiction beyond the Narnia books and that one story about heaven and hell and the bus taking people from earth to there.

You mean The Great Divorce? I haven’t read that either, but I have seen a play version.

Till We Have Faces was certainly interesting. It is a myth retold and certainly has a feeling similar to a myth. Not like the more fairytale-esque setting of Narnia. I liked the atmosphere of the story, but I’ll have to mull the rest over a bit more.

On the whole I greatly prefer The Chronicles of Narnia, or even The Screwtape Letters. But this wasn’t bad.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The Morals of the Market: Human Rights and the Rise of Neoliberalism. This is the second time I've read it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finished 'The Windup Girl' by Bacigalupi yesterday; thoroughly enjoyed it. Also about 80% through Dickens' final novel, 'Our Mutual Friend', and am enjoying it just as much. You can tell it's one of his last... It's much more mature and polished compared to his earlier books. (I have read most of his others (all?), and like all of them, but this one does stand apart in my eyes)

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Picked up Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro at the library today. Also trying to finish Trevor Noah's Born a Crime.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Last edited:

Lark

Reading Rick and Morty versus Dungeons and Dragons and Project Superpowers today. On a comics kick kind of.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the midst of 'A Gentleman from Moscow', by Amor Towles. It is lovely.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the midst of 'A Gentleman from Moscow', by Amor Towles. It is lovely.

Still reading this. Also reading 'Despair' by Nabakov, and a coworker just loaned me 'The Name of the Wind', by Patrick Rothfuss (never heard of it/him, but since I love fantasy I'm sure I'll be fine with it ;)), which will be my book to read during breaks at work.