• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also now about thirty pages into 'Reading Lolita in Tehran', by Azar Nafisi.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Range, by david epstein. basically confirming everything I've intuitively thought about learning, performance, life, career, etc.

The New Annotated H.P. Lovecraft. the best horror since edgar poe. fun for the whole family.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'Roderick Hudson' by Henry James, and 'Time Enough for Love' by Robert Heinlein.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Working my way through the Wheel of Time series, and the Hap and Leonard series at the moment.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
9781435122963_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just finished "Submission" by Michel Houellebecq. I had heard a lot about the book and I had an idea of what to expect. It exceeded my expectations.

It is my first book by Houellebecq and I can't wait to read more.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
An Elegant Defense: The Extraordinary New Science of The Immune System. The book explains why your immune system doesn't attack bananas or Big Macs but does attack pathogens.

Studies have shown the MHC gene gives off a scent. The scent is used as a factor in how people choose their mates. If one person's MHC is too similar to another's, the MHC will act as a repellant. The scent of MHC that is sufficiently different will act as a magnet.

Diversity strengthens a person's immune system so the body discourages us from marrying siblings and cousins.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trick Mirror by Jia Tolentino. Good collection of essays about pop culture, social media, and feminism

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just started reading 'An Invitation to a Beheading', by Nabakov, a few nights ago.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fire and Fortitude: The US Army in the Pacific War, 1941-1943 by John C. McManus :reading:

I got hooked pretty quickly. It's 640 pages and I'm guessing the second volume will be just as big, whenever it comes out.

Diversity strengthens a person's immune system so the body discourages us from marrying siblings and cousins.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was looking forward to Kipling's 'Kim', but this is the 2nd Kindle download I've done where something is really messed up with the 'translation' - which doesn't even make sense, as it was written in the English language, correct? (as was the other problem book I downloaded which was by Henry James). It's as if it was translated literally into English (back into English, though a confusing English at that) from a translation made into another language. I don't understand it.

So..... I guess I'll be reading 'Methuselah's Children', by Heinlein, then, instead... Though it appears to have the same characters/'universe' as Time Enough for Love. Hopefully it'll at least be entertaining.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
John Grisham’s Camino Island

I’ve only read like three chapters but so far so good - it’s about the theft of rare Fitzgerald manuscripts from the Library at Princeton University and the investigation led by several people (a novelist but also people from Princeton and from the government) to find them in the black market

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Halfway through 'Pnin' by Nabakov; I so love his writing, it is a delight to read and an otherwise somewhat mundane storyline becomes exquisite.

Going to start 'The Goldfinch', by Donna Tarrt, tonight.