• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
81ZmhRwdUjL.jpg

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just started 'The Lost City of Z' by David Grann earlier today, and I'm about to dive back into it. I picked it up at the book store last week, as it's my 'ideal' when it comes to non-fiction -- historical true stories of expeditions/ events/ historical unfoldings/ ventures into the unexplored or little-known wild / non-westernized areas. Plus since I've been to the Amazon several times now, it has a personal appeal as well.

Lark

I've started collecting the version one books, I like them A LOT better than anything published since and I totally dislike the ideas in the later editions were orderly/lawful = good and chaos/out law/unlawful = bad, I far, far, far more liked the idea of there being both lawful evil and chaotic good, simply, because there are right?

There is one of the first edition cleric books which goes into tons of depth about religions and philosophies and how to weave them into your world, besides another book on ninjas (which was pretty good too in its depth and period references) its my favourite.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I am reading three books (I need to stop doing that):
- Brain on fire by S. Cahalan - so so good!
- Shantaram by G.D.Roberts
also once for a while I read one chapter of Cosmos by C.Sagan

Kas

Fabula rasa
Started re-reading the RAMA series by Arthur C Clarke last night. And I finished the last of the HP Lovecraft stories yesterday from the 2nd Annotated volume. Also I am now 60% through all of Chekhov's works! :D I'm getting there....

But yesterday I downloaded 5 more free books from amazon that I haven't read yet, so soon I'll have a few new things to add into the mix.

Are you one of the people who get obsessed about the author and start to read everything by them? ;)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you one of the people who get obsessed about the author and start to read everything by them? ;)

I don't always, but I've definitely done it with several authors. :)

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reading the Homecoming Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore in preparation for the newest book.

Lark

Anyone who has read any Joseph Campbell can you recommend me your top two or three of his books and tell me why I should read them?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
41bdVJOBoxL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm in a bit of a reading rut. I started The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton yesterday and it is really, really good prose but also kinda ... dense? The beginning has a sort of Moby Dick-ish feel to it.

Anyway, I have the book for seven days before the public library takes it back so we'll see if I finish it by then.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does reading random "educational" articles all over the internet count?